The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do it and I am an if not when (just feel like we have had the chances to win it and have not, something I thought would cost us v Madrid or in the league, so hopefully we will have already paid for it and this time get away with it).

We will hear the scousers saying both teams deserved to win it.

Had it already, to which i replied no (I was going to explain why finishing a point behind someone was far less close then Chelsea v Liverpool with sudden death penalties and no one Liverpool/ Chelsea fans say both deserved to win, they accepted the rules of the competition, played them and one team won).

But instead of explaining that, just went for don’t be such a knobhead.

Just depends on whether we hold our nerve.

But you can bet your life that Villa will put in 10x the effort that Southampton did tonight.
Be interesting to see if slippy rests a few players on Thursday so that his team give him every chance to give his dippers the title. Fucking scouse wanker.

Would be interested to know when the last time a team top going into the last game lost the league when they were playing a mid table team with nothing to play for. I certainly can’t remember it EVER happening
Wasn't it when the rags had to beat Wham and lost? Going back a bit, '70s I think and I might be completely wrong.

Edit: 1995. They drew, a win would have got them the title.

Last edited:
I see it evenly divided into Percentages.. for three scenarios..

1) 50% early goal for us, immaculate football and 3-0 up inside 35 mins, singing “championes, championes ole ole ole” before a cricket score. Result. Champions and well pissed up.

2) 25% mostly immaculate football but utterly toothless in front of nets.. Watkins goal on the counter with their first venture in our half at 41 minutes.. second half ridiculous pressure with little joy until a Kev thunderbastard on 69 mins and even more relentless pressure until Grealish curls it into the top corner on 87 mins who then runs over to the Villa fans who have hurled fake cash at him for the previous 90 odd minutes with a wad of £50 notes gripped between his teeth and Stevie slips over on the side line due to all the ensuing drama. Champions.. albeit with chest pains until at least an hour or two after and it’s finally sunk in. Then get drunk.

3)25% mostly immaculate football but utterly toothless in front of nets.. Watkins goal on the counter with their first venture in our half at 41 minutes.. more relentless pressure. Countless dodgy refereeing decisions, a goal wrongly chalked off for offside and at least 3 stone wall penalties, the third of which is finally awarded on 84 mins, which we miss. Title over. Blue moon breaks and Haaland decides he has always wanted to play in his home country so joins the aptly named Viking FC. Definitely get drunk. More drunk. And cry.

Enjoy the ride blues.

Wasn't it when the rags had to beat Wham and lost? Going back a bit, '70s I think and I might be completely wrong.
No that was the season when Blackburn won itand almost threw it away by losing at Liverpool last game of season. 95?Fortunately the rags only drew and Blackburn won it. I think the QPR memory has stuck. We very nearly lost it against a 10 man relegation threatened side. Pep is the best though and it’s not like we have fallen off a cliff form wise. 80 plus chances in the last 4 games and 16 goals.

You do get some odd last days ... Blackburn won their title despite losing on the last day (second-placed Utd couldn't win either v West Ham) ... and Villa won the title in 1981 despite losing on the last day - second-placed Ipswich also lost (to Middlesbrough).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.