The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still very confident that my prediction of 80-84 points will be enough. Can’t see Liverpool getting close to 90, especially if they progress in CL and decide to prioritise that.

Chelsea are probably out of it now but Liverpool are very much still a threat.

If they win their game in hand, the gap is 8 points.

If they beat us at our place, the gap is 5 points.

And then there's still 15 other games to play.

Liverpool would then need to overturn a 5 point gap with 45 points still to play for.

Definitely not over yet.
But we don't play the Scousers until the 9th April, then there is only 6 more games to play. So they would need to go on an unbelievable run to catch us and this current side leaks too many goals imo.

If the Dippers were to match their current points per game for the rest of the season they would finish with 81 points, even if they somehow matched our current points per game of 2.55 they would finish on 88 points.

So if we say 89 points to be on the safe side we would need 33 points from our last 16 games, so 11 more wins would do it.

The reality is 9 wins would likely be enough.

Nowhere close to being over. Even another loss brings Liverpool back into the rear view mirror and need to break the back of next three games.
Agree, and the beautiful thing is pep, staff and players know that and they only seem to look ahead to the next game. The past few matches I’ve been telling my boys the next game is crucial, but the Saints game is in my mind properly crucial, given Liverpool play the next day, Southampton always make me twitch for some reason and the winter break afterwards.
But I love that we have a full week to prepare for it, whereas Liverpool have a tough fixture on Thursday.

I predict we’ll finish on 94 points after 12 more wins, 2 more draws and 2 more defeats. Liverpool on around 84. That’s my guess. To be safe, I’ll say high 80’s would be enough. Let’s say 88 ish to be absolutely certain, with a little wiggle room. So we can afford to fail to win roughly 6-8 more games, depending on the split of draws and losses. And that’s probably 7-9 in reality with the conservatism in selecting 88 to be certain. Out of 16 remaining games we can afford to win only half of them and would probably still scrape the league, if we had more draws than defeats.

Most the scousers can get is 96 points, including beating us. We therefore need to focus on making sure we get at least 97 which means two losses, one of which would be against them, assuming every other game is a win. If we make it to the later stages of the CL or FA cup, we'd want to keep that loss in our pocket until things are really stretched which means we need to keep winning now.

I'll celebrate an 8 point lead when there's two games left.

It's funny with posters who come on here to say "it's not done yet, don't get complacent" as if Pep's gonna be scrolling through the forum and go, 'MCFC302942 reckons the leagues over so we're gonna play the reserves for our remaining 16 games'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.