The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter have arguably more quality than Sporting, and we don't play a cup final vs Chelsea, and we haven't postponed two games (Leeds and Arsenal) which we have to fit somehow in the schedule. Liverpool have to play 2 more games than us in the same period.
and we had a big rest before yesterdays game....

Managers including Pep always talk about rhythm.....sometimes those games coming every 3 days can really help...it has with us up until the 6-7 day break before southampton

and we had a big rest before yesterdays game....

Managers including Pep always talk about rhythm.....sometimes those games coming every 3 days can really help...it has with us up until the 6-7 day break before southampton
Spot on. Last thing we need is more rest we need to get back to the games coming thick and fast keeps the body and mind sharp that’s when we are at our best.

Different sport but a good example is to look at the nfl both teams who had byes lost their games yesterday. Momentum is huge

If you were told before the start of the season that we would need to beat Villa (with Gerrard as their manager) at home to win the league, wouldn't you have accepted it?

The chance to beat Villa at home is about the same as to beat Liverpool to the title from our current position: 80-90 %. It's an illusion that it's worse.
No it's called karma for all the shit we've been giving him.

Spot on. Last thing we need is more rest we need to get back to the games coming thick and fast keeps the body and mind sharp that’s when we are at our best.

Different sport but a good example is to look at the nfl both teams who had byes lost their games yesterday. Momentum is huge

We’ve got 13 days until our next game so will be interesting to see what happens to the rhythm. I would imagine we will see a pretty much full strength team in the fa cup to get minutes into everyone’s legs.

If teams could play at the same level every 3-4 days Liverpool wouldn't have concentrated on the PL and the CL at the expense of the domestic cups for most seasons under Klopp.

You basically ignore what Pep says and complains about, namely that too many games kill the players. Klopp says it as well. Last season Rodri and Cancelo lost form because they played too many games.

We are currently experiencing a dip in form precisely because we played too many games in December. Liverpool look fresher, and that's normal given they played only 2 league games after Christmas (Leicester and Chelsea) and then had a week rest after Chelsea. By contrast, we played 3 games over 6 days and looked average vs Brentford and Arsenal.

In short, it's not good for Liverpool they play every 3-4 days after the break, they'll suffer from it, and if not immediately, then in April and May.

Edit: Liverpool's game vs Palace illustrated my point. Liverpool played Arsenal, Brentford, Arsenal and Palace, and struggled big time after the first 30 minutes today. Palace could have scored 4 goals. Liverpool's 2nd goal was suspect (Firmino was offside and influenced the play), and the pen wasn't the right call, imo.

Last edited:
I actually think the dippers winning is good for City, will keep both Pep and the players focused and the media go on about a "Title Race" which again keeps everyone alert especially with Champs league games ahead. Gives the scum dippers hope and will make it all sweeter when they get fuck all.

Just finished watching the Liverpool game.

it went pretty much the same as most games I’ve seen them his season

they give away a lot of big chances but have goals in them

they aren’t the same team as three years ago, I think people are spooked by them based on what happened in 18/19

i really can’t see them going on a 10-15 game winning run which is what they probably have to do

I still think we'll have enough but Liverpool will feel they're right back in it now.

We just need to extend our lead to the point that when they come to the Etihad later in the season, we're too far ahead for that game to be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.