The title race

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fuzzy80, 4 Nov 2018.

1. Fuzzy80

Fuzzy80

11 games in and 2 points separating 3 teams, I think it’s safe to say we’re currently in a title race.

So thought we needed a thread to discuss this.

wythenshaweblue£££ likes this.
  2. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

And they are off just another 27 more matches to go and a whole host of fences to negotiate, whether Europe, FA cup or league cup, injuries and suspensions and not forgetting bad weather and fixture congestion. :-))

3. blueinsa

blueinsa

Lets revisit the thread after Christmas when the real football starts and see who is left standing.

blue b4 the moon likes this.
  4. malg

malg

Yep. It's easy to get consumed by the headline writers, but it'll be interesting to see where everyone is on 1 Jan.

5. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

We have a long way to go. We can’t afford an injury to Aguero and Liverpool and Chelsea will get very high points totals.

Still we can’t have done much more after 11 games and we are well placed. A win next weeks is vital as if we drop points Liverpool will be level or above us and that would be a huge boost for them going into an international break.

6. purplenose

purplenose

And if that doesnt bugger it up there will be Brexit, a general election, and we will have "Alty" Taylor ref several of our matches, and maybe even Kevin Friend.

Despite all this I am fairly confident that from this point on the chasing pack will fall away and we will win it with games to spare. It does feel strange to hold this opinion as a blue of 53 years.

BlueAnorak likes this.
  7. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

Seeing as we lost to that lot last year Sundays game is a free hit.

8. Ric

Ric

It’s obviously going to be much tighter than last season, with Liverpool and Chelsea presenting a genuine challenge this time around. Still think we’re comfortably the best side in the division, and think our strength in depth will show in the next couple of months. It’s going to be tough though, which at least makes it much more interesting.

1.618034, worsleyweb and deano ou812 like this.
  9. karen7

karen7

I forsee lots of jinxing,this doesn't do my superstition much good

10. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

We will have minimal margin for error. I think I am enjoying this season even more than last.