The title race

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fuzzy80, 4 Nov 2018.

1. LeeJay

LeeJay

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    We were behind it for a while, as it pulled out the hotel right infront of us, we stopped to let it out and followed it up the hill. But where it went straight on toward Anfield, we turned right and it was attacked just after that. Liverpool's red coach was 100yards behind us when we turned, both coaches had a single cop bike with them.

I didn't see anyone causing shit, just heard about it - certainly no one gave us any hassle. There were some reds who stopped when we were waiting at the lights to turn, city coach was just sat in traffic beside us and folk were stopping to take pics.

I'm not 100% sure but i think when the coach was attacked it was in a road that was blocked off to other traffic.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
  2. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

RAWK is genuinely astonishing as a forum and beautifully reflects the fan base. Unlike Sad Cafe and BM there are never any fans of other clubs on there (and for the record I don’t think we are always the most charitable to ‘guests’ on here, whether they’re wumming or not), and seldom a dissenting opinion. If you go on the RAWK City thread, you will experience the cult at its most demented. Endless posts with a pseudo-intellectual facade, yet in reality devoid of reason or irony, and which wax lyrical about “soulfulness”, “growing organically”, “respect” and how all are conspicuous by their absence at our “fake” club, whom they universally despise.
    Incredible though it may seem, they actually do seem to genuinely regard themselves as a moral compass for the game, the great inverted-snob champions of footballing purism, utterly consumed by belief in their own specialness. If you point out to them that post-1990 (as an arbitrary but apposite cut off point), the 1960’s values of ‘organic growth’ and ‘doing things the right way’, that they cling to like a lifeboat, effectively became obsolete from the moment they themselves (along with the rags, Spurs and Arsenal) played Greg Dyke (at ITV) and the Football League off against each other in their quest for a greater share of TV money, leading to the creation of the Premier League, it goes sailing over their heads every time. Chuck in the revamping and almost immediate expansion of the Champions League (complete with a heavily weighted seeding system to ensure they always reached the latter stages, where the big bucks lay) in 1992, and almost overnight we entered the era of the cartel and a world in which organic growth became impossible, due to the huge financial divide created. From there on in, every time another club developed a decent prospect, in would swoop the dippers, the rags or the Arse with gobs and gobs of cash to relieve the club of that prospect, and thanks to the allure of playing Chimps League football, any resistance was futile, because the prospects concerned would either down tools or threaten strike action. Go ask Southampton (Van Dyke, Lallana, Lovren, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers, Mane; it’s a long list).
    In the last 25 years, and with the exception of the rags, who had massive financial resources from the off, every team to have won the Premier League has only been able to do so courtesy of a benefactor. Walker, Fiszman, Harding, Abramovitch, Mansour, Srivaddhanaprabha). No-one, but no-one has won it ‘organically’, because it just isn’t possible to do so anymore. Hell, between 2004 and 2010 it wasn’t even possible to breach the top 4 organically (the same 4 teams, the rags, the dippers, the Arse and Chelsea, occupying the 4 x CL berths, 6 years in a row). And yet over on RAWK, the delusion is such that any club found taking the only alternative route now available (and since closed off courtesy of the cartel orchestrated FFP), namely massive financial investment, is dismissed as “fake” or “plastic”, a slight rendered even more ironic by the fact that, after a decade in which they have won just 1 x solitary League Cup, the dippers have spent nearly £320m (£130m nett) in the last 2 seasons, which they justify by claiming they “earned” it (even though “it” came courtesy of what was glorified protectionism). They’re hypocritical twats, I can’t stand them, and I pray with every fibre of my being that we ruin their title dreams again, and spare the world from their introspective, self reverential, poems, plays and shrines.

3. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Indeed pal!
    https://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverpool/english-football-teams/liverpool-transfers

In the last thirteen years, the money spent to success ratio, Liverpool Football Cult have far FAR and away the worst ratio in world sport!

1 League Cup in thirteen years when they’ve spent £991.24m in the same timespan on players.

£1BILLION for one League Cup!

How are they not a complete fucking laughing stock? That ratio is the biggest fucking joke in sport!

They spent more on Andy Carroll and Christian Benteke than we spent on David Silva and Sergio Agüero!

I also posted this earlier in the week in another forum:
    “Shankly went to Liverpool in 1959 because he was promised by Tom Williams that he would have money to spend which Huddersfield (who Shankly was manager of at the time) didn't and had no further ambition as a club to be anywhere higher than they were. After finishing third in Second Division Shankly released 24 of the 26 players on Liverpool's books and bought 22 new players. They finished 3rd again the next season. John Moores encouraged Williams and Shankly to spend his money on making Liverpool a top flight club for the first time since 1954. They signed Ian St John for the second highest transfer fee in Europe (as a Second Division club!) as well as other players and finished second and went up. They signed Yates, Thompson and Lawrence for big fees as well as others and won the league in 1964.

They won the FA Cup after that but didn't follow it with further success so bought Hughes and Clemence for big fees then broke their club transfer record for Hateley and the record fee for a teenager in Evans...Lindsay, Lloyd and Heighway were all bought then they broke their club record again when signing Toshack and also signed Keegan then broke their transfer record again on Cormack. This was all during six years without winning anything leading to further spending which saw the success they are famous for.

Without money Liverpool would just have been another Second Division club, for, who knows how long?...! Nothing that ended up happening in the follwing quater of a century would have happened without John Moores' (a Macunian) money.

They were even formed as a money club. The owner of Anfield, John Houlding, put the rent of Anfield up so high that Everton couldn't afford it and moved out. Houlding created his own club and in their first season, every single player on their books was Scottish, not a single local lad played for them, so they were hardly a club for the local people.”

4. its a Barm

its a Barm

Great ammo to have that the next time I get all the bollocks from the plastic dippers all round me, thank you.

5. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

What he said.

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

That was the Coutinho money,silly.

7. Henkeman

Henkeman

Disappointed at your lack of financial savvy. They've not touched the Coutinho money, they're still spending the Suarez money.

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Net Spend FC MkII

9. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Come on now, their money grows organically on the organic money tree in the organic garden

Henkeman likes this.
  10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    It's a special, unique tree, with lots of character. A real family tree.