The title race

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fuzzy80, 4 Nov 2018.

1. asaluttar

asaluttar

Excellent research.
    And also explains, to an extent why Everton were so strangely venomous about us.
    A mixture of feeling they belonged to the self proclaimed elite, bitterness at being the sole sky-5 left out of the CL table, and supreme lack of self awareness of how they got to the top in the first place.

2. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

3. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Further to yesterday, I forgot to add that the other habitual claim on RAWK is that we are “basically a Championship club with the facade of a big club bolted onto it”. Always makes me laugh this one.

1. Prior to Sheikh Mansour taking over, we lay 11th on the most number of major trophies won table (we have since moved up to 7th). However, it’s worth noting that 3 of the clubs who were above us in that trophies table in 2008, Villa, Blackburn and Newcastle, won a whopping 22 of their 33 collective titles and FA Cups, prior to WW1, so long ago as to be utterly meaningless. If you make the 1919/1920 season your starting point (a total of 100 seasons - less 6 whilst WW2 took place), then City actually lay 8th not 11th.

2. Similarly, over the course of those 100 seasons, City had the 7th highest average league attendance, just edging out Chelsea.

3. Of those 94 seasons (100 less 6), City spent 77 of them in the top flight of English football.

4. As we all know, we still hold the highest attendance for an English football match outside of Wembley.

Post WW1 then, I’m not sure how a club that has spent 82% of its time in the top flight, with the 7th highest average attendance, and the 8th most number of trophies won even before Sheikh Mansour came along, could ever be described as “basically a Championship club”.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2019
  4. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Cracking work mate.

I do enjoy your posts.

5. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Cheers mate, appreciated

6. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Seconded what @Stoned Rose says. Your post yesterday is simply unanswerable, because it answers all the pertinent questions, if lazy football fans could be bothered to ask them. I'd like to print it out in about five hundred copies and paste it up on walls all over the fair city of Liverpool.
    There's a big generation of fans now who think that football was invented at the same time as the Premier League and satellite dishes. Rather, that it was invented by the Premier League and satellite dishes. Those who don't remember the past are condemned to spout bollox (to paraphrase George Santayana…)

7. avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

Corrected. That Coutinho money has been paying for all their players!

8. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

Despite the fact that the vast majority of Liverpool's "Istree" came before the PL and satellite dishes :-)

9. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Dippernomics.

avoidconfusion likes this.
  10. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Let’s just hope the fuckers drop points today. If they don’t let’s hope we win Monday and keep it tight.

There arses will go at some stage.