The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

mancity1

With the next touted manager of England ( tax concerns notwithstanding ) about to lead his title challenging brilliantly assembled squad out of the first hurdle of the Europa League , it's worth noting the little criticism handbrake Harry is receiving.

For what its worth failure to reach the next stage of this competition when the likes of Stoke and Fulham are likely to go through could only be viewed and seen in a much poorer light than our failure to reach the knock out stage on the Champions League but of course Harry will point to the fact that Europa is a distraction to their efforts to finish in the top four this season and the press will buy it.

Re: TOTTENHAM

But it's Arry though innit, you forget the brilliant tactical nouse he has "go out and do what you can" and don't forget his well worded and articulate evaluation of a situation "triffic".

Mancini and his sunday league methods could learn from the master right ?

Spurs are by and large immune to criticism in the media. Their fans will no doubt be on here to tell us different but we know the truth.
The commentary on their game tonight was as biased as you would ever hope to hear.
If I hadn't have been expecting it I would have probably thrown up before full time.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Spuds fans on Talksport pleased they are out..... reckon they can concentrate on the PL and FA Cup, leaving City to battle it out on 4 fronts, travelling all over Europe in the process......

They may have a point if it was not for the fact our least experienced lads are still mainlly all full internationals and at least as good as many clubs first choice teams.

Apart from that little issue they are right :p

TCIB said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Spuds fans on Talksport pleased they are out..... reckon they can concentrate on the PL and FA Cup, leaving City to battle it out on 4 fronts, travelling all over Europe in the process......

They may have a point if it was not for the fact our least experienced lads are still mainlly all full internationals and at least as good as many clubs first choice teams.

We are already almost certain to have more matches than any of our rivals now. It would probably be a nightmare if we go into Europa because it would mean at least another 2 or 3 or even 4 or 5 matches, as I would put our reserves up against most of the lot in that competition, whereas having not hit Europe hard so far I would be living a fantasy if we make it through to the final of the Ch. League. Surely we'd have more matches in the Europa knockouts.

Spurs already, and now the Rags have 2 less matches due to being ko'd of the League Cup. Once the winter kicks in and fixtures get called off we are potentially facing some absolute fucking nightmares!!!

Re: Tottenham

Statistically speaking this is Spurs best European adventure since 1904.

whothefisAlice said:
TCIB said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

We are already almost certain to have more matches than any of our rivals now. It would probably be a nightmare if we go into Europa because it would mean at least another 2 or 3 or even 4 or 5 matches, as I would put our reserves up against most of the lot in that competition, whereas having not hit Europe hard so far I would be living a fantasy if we make it through to the final of the Ch. League. Surely we'd have more matches in the Europa knockouts.

Spurs already, and now the Rags have 2 less matches due to being ko'd of the League Cup. Once the winter kicks in and fixtures get called off we are potentially facing some absolute fucking nightmares!!!

True mate true, i still feel we have it in us to do it and have great confidence in that.
I guess my feelings are that we can compete on all fronts and prevail. This is ofc not guaranteed but i have supreme confidence in Mancini and the squad.

mancity1 said:
With the next touted manager of England ( tax concerns notwithstanding ) about to lead his title challenging brilliantly assembled squad out of the first hurdle of the Europa League , it's worth noting the little criticism handbrake Harry is receiving.

For what its worth failure to reach the next stage of this competition when the likes of Stoke and Fulham are likely to go through could only be viewed and seen in a much poorer light than our failure to reach the knock out stage on the Champions League but of course Harry will point to the fact that Europa is a distraction to their efforts to finish in the top four this season and the press will buy it.

We played reserve teams and youth players all the way through until yesterday. If we had played strong sides from the start then maybe we would have gone through.

Crashing out of the Europa league is no where near as bad as crashing out of the champions league. UEFA have made it such a pigs ear of a competition. You can play up to 20 games and win the thing and get less cash than you do winning the league cup

I agree its more of a fucker, but we can take genuine solace in the fact we had a hell of a tough group.

I would be kind of pissed tbh crouchinho if i was a spud. Why you may ask.
Well Harry said he wanted to use second team and kids etc and then pannicks and uses a large chunk of his first teamers when it is seemingly to late.

I would be asking "wtf Harry are we coming or going".

Confused seas sinks ships.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.