The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Re: if Mourinho goes to Spurs in the summer...

samharris said:
pardoe said:
as the bookies seem to be suggesting (huge money going on it, apparently)...

that would be absolutely terrible news for us.

Why terrible/? sour Alex is the prems best ever manager and hes playing catchup..albeit 2 points but still catchup..

Yep, am with you on this. What an exciting league we'd have. Bring it on I say!

not a chance, they won't and carn't come up
with the kind of money he will demand for
players

leighton said:
Mourinho will stay at Real next season. IF they win La Liga this season its huge they are up against 1 of the greatest teams of all time and Mourinho in winning the league will be given a new contract to stay on at Madrid. I think he will stay at Madrid until he wins the Champions League or if a Big Club in England get rid of there manager. Arsenal , Chelsea , City or Rags will be his 4 jobs he will be looking at.

He wont go to Spurs think IF he does leave expect Wenger to move over and Arsenal will back Jose in the transfer window. Arsenal under Wenger has saved huge amounts of money and Mourinho will get a huge transfer kitty there. Could well be a job swap Mourinho to Arsenal and Wenger to Real.

As for Spurs new manager Moyes if they can get him off Everton. If not Benitez or my wildcards Chris Houghton or Klinsmann. Houghton has done a great job in football management getting Newcastle up and doing well at Birmingham at the moment could well be a cheap option for them.

There is more chance of him going to spurs than there is him going to Arsenal. talk about transfer budgets all you like, spurs are maybe 2 world class signings away from winning the premier league. Arsenal are 7 or 8.

He wants out of Spain, and i doubt spurs would be his first choice english club, but if its the only vacancy and its a choice between that or staying at Madrid where a lot of the fans and media have turned on him, i think it could happen.

Manc in London said:
I can't see Mourinho going to Spurs. He'll end up at a big club.
Spurs are a top 5 big clubs in this country. They broke the Big 4 dominance, amazing stadium with lots of tradition.

Amadeus20 said:
Spurs are a top 5 big clubs in this country. They broke the Big 4 dominance, amazing stadium with lots of tradition.
Actually Liverpool did. Once one of us fell it opened the door for somebody else to move in. With the rise of City, Arsenal appears to be stumbling as well but that might be because you bought all their players :P.

Scoucers let team Sky 4 down, the bastards.

Matt.D said:
leighton said:
Mourinho will stay at Real next season. IF they win La Liga this season its huge they are up against 1 of the greatest teams of all time and Mourinho in winning the league will be given a new contract to stay on at Madrid. I think he will stay at Madrid until he wins the Champions League or if a Big Club in England get rid of there manager. Arsenal , Chelsea , City or Rags will be his 4 jobs he will be looking at.

He wont go to Spurs think IF he does leave expect Wenger to move over and Arsenal will back Jose in the transfer window. Arsenal under Wenger has saved huge amounts of money and Mourinho will get a huge transfer kitty there. Could well be a job swap Mourinho to Arsenal and Wenger to Real.

As for Spurs new manager Moyes if they can get him off Everton. If not Benitez or my wildcards Chris Houghton or Klinsmann. Houghton has done a great job in football management getting Newcastle up and doing well at Birmingham at the moment could well be a cheap option for them.

There is more chance of him going to spurs than there is him going to Arsenal. talk about transfer budgets all you like, spurs are maybe 2 world class signings away from winning the premier league. Arsenal are 7 or 8.

He wants out of Spain, and i doubt spurs would be his first choice english club, but if its the only vacancy and its a choice between that or staying at Madrid where a lot of the fans and media have turned on him, i think it could happen.

Jose would love to go to Arsenal and put his mark on that club. They have the biggest fan base in London a top class youth set up and they have some brilliant young talented players. If he could get in at Arsenal bring in as you say 2 or 3 World Class signings then Arsenal are close to winning the league as well. Look at how well Arsenal have done with a poor squad over the last couple of years they always get champions league and I wouldnt put it by Wenger to get them Champions league again. Will the Spurs owner give him full control of the club im not too sure. While at Arsenal he will be given the Wenger treatment and let to get on with his job.

I reckon a fair few of those players are made for the Mourinho system. He could big things with that squad but tbh we shouldn't worry because if we win the league we only need to slightly tinker with our squad for us to be on a completely different level again next season. We are gelling and coming together very well, but as we have a small squad I think fatigue is holding us back a bit. Silva especially has had to carry a huge load. Hopefully Nasri will be settled in next year and can rotate with him a bit more.

So, just to be clear...

Spuds are going to pay Real's compensation figure of £20m, Jose's £10m a year salary, an additional £5m a year for his backroom team and give him a huge transfer budget?

And all before any guarantee of Champions League football next season and finding £300m for a new stadium.

Wow, have they been taken over by the Abu Dhabi royal family!

They can't even find the money to pay Adebayor his weekly wage, never mind the £10m transfer fee.

p.s - And also comply with FFPR, with a new stadium at least four years away?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
So, just to be clear...

Spuds are going to pay Real's compensation figure of £20m, Jose's £10m a year salary, an additional £5m a year for his backroom team and give him a huge transfer budget?

And all before any guarantee of Champions League football next season and finding £300m for a new stadium.

Wow, have they been taken over by the Abu Dhabi royal family!

They can't even find the money to pay Adebayor his weekly wage, never mind the £10m transfer fee.

PING

sorry got to go, the microwave has finished, the spuds are cooked

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I agree with your thinking entirely but a stadium project wouldn't count towards FFPR for them. There is a significant clause in there about the construction of tangible fixed assets not counting towards losses. UEFA doesn't really care about actual losses, youth spending isn't counted either. There are a lot of funny rules in the document but Spurs could build their new stadium without it affecting their transfer business according to the rules (whether they have the money to do both is another question.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.