The Trajectory coming to haunt us?

jamiegrimble

At the end of last season we set a target of a 6th place finish, that was well documented, and its created conjecture. But following the accelerated acquisition strategy and the activity of the club in the summer transfer window the new target that the playing staff agreed with the board for the 2009/10 season was 70 points. THE TRAJECTORY of recent results was below this requirement and the board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change as quoted in the chairman’s statement. The owner the chairman and myself all worked to give mark any resources that he might require to achieve that goal.
Mancini’s record

Man City 2-0 Stoke
Wolverhampton 0-3Man City
Man City 4-1Blackburn
Everton 2-0Man City
Man City 2-0Portsmouth
Hull 2-1Man City

At Present
Played 23 points 41

Games left :15

To reach cook’s target we need to win about 10 of the 15 games left to us.

Man City v Bolton,
Stoke v Man City,
Man City v Liverpool,
Chelsea v Man City,
Man City v Tottenham,
Sunderland v Man City,
Fulham v Man City,
Man City v Wigan,
Burnley v Man City,
Man City v Birmingham,
Man City v Man Utd,
Arsenal v Man City,
Man City v Aston Villa,
West Ham v Man City,
Man city Everton

How’s the TRAJECTORY Mr.Cook after the last 2 away defeats? Were cutting it mighty close I would guess.Hull was a blow today IMO.

It was something he shouldn't said, made him come across as a dick.

More confident of us reaching 70 points under Mancini than Hughes though.

totally agree got to go places like hull and win if we have any hopes of making top 4 personally and i hope i am wrong but i can't see it we seem to have run out of steam, the window was not used very well by the powers that be and that could come back to bite us
i just can't see us wining 10 of our last 15 we will now be relying on getting results away at the likes of fulham and sunderland etc and after seeing us perform at hull today and everton recently where basically all they did was play at high tempo and swarm us when we had the ball shows it does not take much to knock us out of our stride away from home

jamiegrimble said:
At the end of last season we set a target of a 6th place finish, that was well documented, and its created conjecture. But following the accelerated acquisition strategy and the activity of the club in the summer transfer window the new target that the playing staff agreed with the board for the 2009/10 season was 70 points. THE TRAJECTORY of recent results was below this requirement and the board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change as quoted in the chairman’s statement. The owner the chairman and myself all worked to give mark any resources that he might require to achieve that goal.
Mancini’s record

Man City 2-0 Stoke
Wolverhampton 0-3Man City
Man City 4-1Blackburn
Everton 2-0Man City
Man City 2-0Portsmouth
Hull 2-1Man City

At Present
Played 23 points 41

Games left :15

To reach cook’s target we need to win about 10 of the 15 games left to us.

Man City v Bolton,
Stoke v Man City,
Man City v Liverpool,
Chelsea v Man City,
Man City v Tottenham,
Sunderland v Man City,
Fulham v Man City,
Man City v Wigan,
Burnley v Man City,
Man City v Birmingham,
Man City v Man Utd,
Arsenal v Man City,
Man City v Aston Villa,
West Ham v Man City,
Man city Everton

How’s the TRAJECTORY Mr.Cook after the last 2 away defeats? Were cutting it mighty close I would guess.Hull was a blow today IMO.

Well if football was a science then based on Mancini's current 6 game pattern W3L1W1L1 we would get 33 points between now and seasons end leaving us on 74...but it's not ;)

9 wins, 2 draws, 4 defeats; or
8 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats; or
7 wins, 8 draws.

Can't see it, to be honest.

moomba said:
It was something he shouldn't said, made him come across as a dick.

More confident of us reaching 70 points under Mancini than Hughes though.
I wouldnt be so sure personally.

Mancini.s Away Stats to date.
Everton 2 Man City 0
Hull 2 Man City 1

Mark Hughes away Stats.

Blackburn 0-2 Man City
Portsmouth 0-1 Man City
Aston Villa 1-1 Man City
Wigan 1-1 Man City
Birmingham 0-0 Man City
Liverpool 2-2 Man City
Bolton 3-3 Man City
Tottenham 3-0 Man City

Teams in bold type are similar in League Tier position to Hull..

jamiegrimble said:
Man City 2-0 Stoke
Wolverhampton 0-3 Man City
Man City 4-1 Blackburn
Everton 2-0 Man City
Man City 2-0 Portsmouth
Hull 2-1 Man City

That would probably have been 6 draws with Hughes. How's that TRAJECTORY?

CheethamHillBlue said:
Good point.We can only judge though truly by Stats before us. Hows that Trajectory doing?

jamiegrimble said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Good point.We can only judge though truly by Stats before us. Hows that Trajectory doing?

Seeing as you posted Mancini's away record up, post his 100% home record and compare it with MH's.
Wonderful stuff this TRAJECTORY isn't it?

CheethamHillBlue said:
jamiegrimble said:

Seeing as you posted Mancini's away record up, post his 100% home record and compare it with MH's.
Wonderful stuff this TRAJECTORY isn't it?
Gladly after the Bolton game.Lets keep an eye on how things progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.