The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

I think they're blood doping. You don't go from most unfit team to the fittest in a matter of weeks. The help they've had from refs is unbelievable.
On the programme I'm watching they've just done an interview with Ashley Williams and just shown a none tackle of his gift Leicester a penalty that was never one

The major point of his article is about how a select group of 10 refs have behaved amongst the top teams in the league and compares this group against other refs. Gabriel Marcotti had tweeted something similar about an index that tracks how much help teams across Europe have been getting but I haven't got the link, however Leicester were top and Spurs third across every European league.
Below is some of the findings from the blog based on extrapolation gained from the select group or not

Arsenal - 49 points with Select Group 10; 71 points with other referees; 55 points actual total.
Man City - 44 points with Select Group 10; 71 points with other referees; 51 points actual total.
Chelsea - 37 points with Select Group 10; 53 points with other referees; 41 points actual total.
Man Utd - 48 points with Select Group 10; 56 points with other referees; 50 points actual total.
Leicester - 68 points with Select Group 10; 57 points with other referees; 66 points actual total.
We expect these machinations to continue to the inevitable conclusion of a Premier League title for Leicester City...
... the Leicester City who have been systemically aided by pgMOB Select Group referees,
... the Leicester City who moved from least fit Premier League team to second most fit in a matter of days,
... the Leicester City who are illegally 20% owned by a secret investor,
... the Leicester City who were traded upon by insiders at 5,000-1 pre-season,
... the Leicester City whose success marks the end of legitimacy in English football.

Last edited:
It's a romantic tale to promote the brand just as a new TV deal kicks in. I predict Leicester will win the title with 3 matches to spare and the drama will be left to the Barcodes staying up by a fluke on the last day.

It will be intresting to see what happens to them next season.

PGMOL and Scudamore working together have turned the EPL into WWE rather than a sport.

You're a mod; where's that agenda thread gone?

The agenda thread was in full flow during the week in the DT. We, MCFC, had a double fucking page spread! Probably the first since we won the title or the CrapitalOne Cup! However, it highlighted how Beggers had buggered up the transfers - only two were considered upto scratch while six still had the jury weighing them up and another half dozen were deadbeats. The following day there was an apologia for BogBrush complete with acceptance of elbows.

As much as I want to believe in the 'fairytale' of the game (even though I dislike Leicester, but less than spuds), I've been saying since before Christmas there's something fucking odd about it.

Yes they play well, yes they're efficient and on the whole only Spurs deserve to be up there with them. But to go from no hopers who survived, to barnstorming title contenders who have only lost twice up until April, is a little far fetched. What a way to keep it interesting, if they were worried about something stale this season. The refs are one instance of them getting handouts all season. They get away and are on the good end of dubious decisions far too often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.