The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Interesting that the Leicester City statement doesn't actually deny the story outright. It's very carefully worded, using terms like "unsubstantiated" and that the Times has "...insufficient evidence to support the claims". They then talk about their robust anti-doping procedures. But they don't actually deny anything. It's what is known as a "non-denial denial".
Standard answer of Bjarne Riis, danish tour de france winner, was for years " I have never been tested positive ". Sounds very similar here.

Said it for a few years now, the top teams like Barcelona and a number of premier league teams will definitely be using performance enhancing drugs. It is impossible to compete at the highest level so frequently, injury free, without doing so.

Barcelona very rarely rest players, their core 11 play around 70 games per season in peak condition. Just because some PEDs or EPO doesn't show up on a drugs test, doesn't mean it's not cheating.

Not that many. Probably about 50 games. And in recent years they do rest the players more and more often. But when you consider how much faster the game has been played in recent years, you can't help but wonder how many teams and players have been doping and cheating. Definitely need an improved testing system.

True secret to their success hmmm

- players who actually give a shit
- good management
- well thought out and scouted signings (e.g not spending 26 million on fucking bony)
- luck with injuries
- rivals being utter shite

Where are all the mistruths about them being an unfit team last season coming from?

I can tell you for a fact that their players are of a similar physical fitness this season compared to last.

True secret to their success hmmm

- players who actually give a shit
- good management
- well thought out and scouted signings (e.g not spending 26 million on fucking bony)
- luck with injuries
- rivals being utter shite

Because of the injuries it would not surprise me if there were some truths to the doping scandal, but agree that it cannot be overstated how ridiculously small the chances are that ALL the title challengers are shit in the same season. Near impossible.

Probably this.
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/12/leicester_city_injuries.html

I know Physioroom can be unreliable, but when you compare this season with last season, the number of injuries actually halves.

I'm well aware of their injury statistics. This has been due to a refinement of the methods they employ to monitor and prevent injuries, and a lack of exposure to periods of fixture congestion.

Players across the league will be of similar fitness levels - hence why physical performance variables are not a particularly discriminating factor in the success of a team.

I'm well aware of their injury statistics. This has been due to a refinement of the methods they employ to monitor and prevent injuries, and a lack of exposure to periods of fixture congestion.

Players across the league will be of similar fitness levels - hence why physical performance variables are not a particularly discriminating factor in the success of a team.

I don't know about that. Could you tell me more about the refinement of the methods they employ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.