The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Luck with officials, luck with injuries, a bit of Mahrez magic but on the whole hoof it to Vardy. Summed up perfectly short and sweet

The teams who contended the PL at the start of the season and continually throughout the season have set out their stall to score goals. We have suffered this season by not scoring the goals our play should have delivered. Leicester have adopted a system that runs counter to that. Score as few as necessary and make sure your team defends as a team. We have seen teams come to The Etihad, I expect next Saturday will be a classic example, and they park a fleet of Yelloway coaches across the pitch. Teams competing with Leicester haven't done that. Most have defended better than us, but I suspect few have had the shite decisions from the ranks of Crappenbergs arsing about the pitches of a weekend. Thirteenth game this season at 1-0 yesterday for the Foxes. Mahrez and Vardy have had great seasons. They won't replicate that next season! Contenders for next season's PL title will have them rumbled.

The agenda thread was in full flow during the week in the DT. We, MCFC, had a double fucking page spread! Probably the first since we won the title or the CrapitalOne Cup! However, it highlighted how Beggers had buggered up the transfers - only two were considered upto scratch while six still had the jury weighing them up and another half dozen were deadbeats. The following day there was an apologia for BogBrush complete with acceptance of elbows.

I find it very difficult to find anything about City on the Online Telegraph since it plunged even further down market in its new format with lots of attention to the Leicester novelty and La Liga as well as old favourites down the road. What I did find with ease without having to use A-Z, Manchester City was an article gleefully informing fans of other clubs and sneering at us and our recent purchase, that Sterling had dropped the price of his old house near Southport. To make it worse there was a counter spinning rapidly informing us how much it took to read how much money he was earning during the short time it took to glaice at an article that told us that people cannot get the asking price and that footballers earn a lot of money.

When the Guardian ran a similar story about the house price you have to wonder what makes non tabloids drop to this level.

I find it very difficult to find anything about City on the Online Telegraph since it plunged even further down market in its new format with lots of attention to the Leicester novelty and La Liga as well as old favourites down the road. What I did find with ease without having to use A-Z, Manchester City was an article gleefully informing fans of other clubs and sneering at us and our recent purchase, that Sterling had dropped the price of his old house near Southport. To make it worse there was a counter spinning rapidly informing us how much it took to read how much money he was earning during the short time it took to glaice at an article that told us that people cannot get the asking price and that footballers earn a lot of money.

When the Guardian ran a similar story about the house price you have to wonder what makes non tabloids drop to this level.

Had we pocketed three points for each negative article, and I'm not talking about a line of criticism here, articles that snarl and denigrate what has happened at MCFC over the last eight years, we would have been out of sight by Christmas of the previous season! The collective that I call the RagDipperMeedya have a clear agenda - pump any amount of puffery at The Rags, The Foxes (this season only, mind!), The Arse, Spuds (God, what would end up in print if Tottenham ever got back to full Sixties mode?) and a triple dose of 24ct negativity re MCFC and all things skyblue.

Can anyone imagine the total hullabaloo if any other club had been transformed as MCFC have? I can't, and I'm a keen student of mindless RagDipper sycophancy. I'm sure SSNakesTV and BT would devote a complete channel to it, and The MUEN, MANUMirror, The Grauniad, et al, would have technicolor inserts twice a week. But with that last comment I'm probably way under the radar of what might actually happen.

True secret to their success hmmm

- players who actually give a shit
- good management
- well thought out and scouted signings (e.g not spending 26 million on fucking bony)
- luck with injuries
- rivals being utter shite

In a nutshell, really.

Chelsea have had a mare.
United have, once again, shown they're not a patch on the team during the Ferguson era.
Arsenal have been Arsenal.
City - perhaps down to Pellegrini - have been pretty dire.

Had any of the usual big-hitters (mainly Chelsea or City) managed to put in a season-long performance that's come to be expected of them, then they'd be above Leicester. Funnily enough, the usual "top 4" have been shite, whereas the ones at the top are Leicester - which is a complete anomaly - and Spurs, who are normally the perennial 5th/6th placers.

It's not Leicester's fault that City can't win 2 games on the bounce. It's not Leicester's fault that the two teams that are closest to them are, generally, perennial bottlers. It's not Leicester's fault that Chelsea didn't have a pre-season which ultimately screwed their PL season up. It's not Leicester's fault that LVG is an idiot.

Arsenal have shown how to beat Leicester this season - they twatted them 5-2 on their own patch and completely dominated them at the Emirates but only managed to win thanks to a stoppage time goal. In that same game, Vardy should have had a nailed on penalty to put them 2-0 up. At the end of this game, the momentum was with Arsenal, but like I said earlier, with Arsenal being Arsenal they bottled it.

What has helped Leicester is two or three players who have had excellent seasons at the same time (Kante, Vardy & Mahrez), a lot of luck on the injury front, a significantly less number of games and poor standards from their competition.

As for the fixing comments - it was only a couple of years ago that people were saying the PL would do everything they can to ensure United win the league as that was good for the PL. You know - what with the massive Sky fan-base they have, they have to appease those masses somehow. It just so happens that United are now in 5th, probably going to miss out on the CL, so now the agenda-focus has shifted elsewhere.

In a nutshell, really.

Chelsea have had a mare.
United have, once again, shown they're not a patch on the team during the Ferguson era.
Arsenal have been Arsenal.
City - perhaps down to Pellegrini - have been pretty dire.

Had any of the usual big-hitters (mainly Chelsea or City) managed to put in a season-long performance that's come to be expected of them, then they'd be above Leicester. Funnily enough, the usual "top 4" have been shite, whereas the ones at the top are Leicester - which is a complete anomaly - and Spurs, who are normally the perennial 5th/6th placers.

It's not Leicester's fault that City can't win 2 games on the bounce. It's not Leicester's fault that the two teams that are closest to them are, generally, perennial bottlers. It's not Leicester's fault that Chelsea didn't have a pre-season which ultimately screwed their PL season up. It's not Leicester's fault that LVG is an idiot.

Arsenal have shown how to beat Leicester this season - they twatted them 5-2 on their own patch and completely dominated them at the Emirates but only managed to win thanks to a stoppage time goal. In that same game, Vardy should have had a nailed on penalty to put them 2-0 up. At the end of this game, the momentum was with Arsenal, but like I said earlier, with Arsenal being Arsenal they bottled it.

What has helped Leicester is two or three players who have had excellent seasons at the same time (Kante, Vardy & Mahrez), a lot of luck on the injury front, a significantly less number of games and poor standards from their competition.

As for the fixing comments - it was only a couple of years ago that people were saying the PL would do everything they can to ensure United win the league as that was good for the PL. You know - what with the massive Sky fan-base they have, they have to appease those masses somehow. It just so happens that United are now in 5th, probably going to miss out on the CL, so now the agenda-focus has shifted elsewhere.
Bang on.

Had we pocketed three points for each negative article, and I'm not talking about a line of criticism here, articles that snarl and denigrate what has happened at MCFC over the last eight years, we would have been out of sight by Christmas of the previous season! The collective that I call the RagDipperMeedya have a clear agenda - pump any amount of puffery at The Rags, The Foxes (this season only, mind!), The Arse, Spuds (God, what would end up in print if Tottenham ever got back to full Sixties mode?) and a triple dose of 24ct negativity re MCFC and all things skyblue.

Can anyone imagine the total hullabaloo if any other club had been transformed as MCFC have? I can't, and I'm a keen student of mindless RagDipper sycophancy. I'm sure SSNakesTV and BT would devote a complete channel to it, and The MUEN, MANUMirror, The Grauniad, et al, would have technicolor inserts twice a week. But with that last comment I'm probably way under the radar of what might actually happen.

Yes I think the media are planning on Leicester being a one season wonder and normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. They are doing well because others are not. Even if they win every single game until the end . they will get two points fewer than City AND United did in 2012.

Just caught part of the BBC Breakfast coverage this morning where it mentioned Everton could not cope with the speed of United's young players which contrasted strongly with the more realistic Radio Manchester commentary which of course is not for national consumption.

Because of the injuries it would not surprise me if there were some truths to the doping scandal, but agree that it cannot be overstated how ridiculously small the chances are that ALL the title challengers are shit in the same season. Near impossible.
We seem to forget that a side of roughly similar standard as Leicester came within a slip of winning it 2 years ago. Because it was Loserpool who were returning to reclaim what was rightfully their the 'fairy tale' aspect was not to the fore. Both sides had one vital thing in common not European football and limited interest in domestic cup competition. This alligned with a relatively poor league (a recurring theme by the way) and only for a strong finish the dippers were denied. This season there is no likely candidate coming up on the rails and Leicester to their credit have identified that defending properly will yield Nirvana for their Bhudist owners. The real lesson to be learned is how in an increasingly competitive league from the perspective of middle order teams how will it be possible to balance European football with a successful league campaign. Bye the way City compounded matters this term by playing strong sides in the C1 which further streching resources and limbs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.