The Viking Abandonment of Greenland

OnlyOneUweRosler

There was once a Viking colony on Greenland that was suddenly abandoned in the 1500s. The mystery is why? Was it caused by extreme weather? Was it war with other groups? Or was it something else? This short video explores what may have caused the collapse of Viking Greenland, hope it is of interest.

Haven’t seen the above video yet but this reminded me of that episode in History Channel’s Vikings when one of Ragnar’s son Ubbe reached Greenland only to find ita barren tundra unfit for colony. Internal spat over a shored whale (because food was scarce) led to infighting with Ubbe fleeing south and ended up interacting with an indigenous American tribe, only to find living with that tribe one of Ragnar’s closest confidant, Floki.

Haven’t seen the above video yet but this reminded me of that episode in History Channel’s Vikings when one of Ragnar’s son Ubbe reached Greenland only to find ita barren tundra unfit for colony. Internal spat over a shored whale (because food was scarce) led to infighting with Ubbe fleeing south and ended up interacting with an indigenous American tribe, only to find living with that tribe one of Ragnar’s closest confidant, Floki.
That sounds pretty interesting.

It was Flocki who went there believing Odin hung out there, crazy fucker.
Everybody fucked off back home, called him a dickhead.

It's all explained in that TV series.

They froze their ‘nads off and couldn’t reproduce.
The couldn’t reproduce point could be true. In Iceland where they set up a colony, they had no women, so they raided Britain and Ireland for our women and took them as sex slaves to help establish something long lasting.

The couldn’t reproduce point could be true. In Iceland where they set up a colony, they had no women, so they raided Britain and Ireland for our women and took them as sex slaves to help establish something long lasting.
Our women eh?
So I’m guessing they were all driven to drink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.