The VW emissions fiasco

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nimrod, 10 Jan 2019.

1. jrb

jrb

Yes.

I'm in a class action against VW via Slater and Gordon. VW will fight this all the way. See why below.

British motorists taking VW to court in the ‘dieselgate’ scandal have accused the car giant of insulting their intelligence by refusing to admit any UK wrongdoing in the emissions cheating scandal.

VW lodged its defence at the High Court in London at 5pm (BST) on Friday (July 6) in response to a 39-page submission from lawyers representing more than 60,000 British claimants who have applied to seek compensation.

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/medi...egal-defence-in-emissions-scandal-court-case/

Tim of the Oak likes this.
  2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    This unfairly taxes pyromaniacs though.

3. RabidCity

RabidCity

I'm in that too (with slater and gordon) no great hopes though

Tim of the Oak likes this.
  4. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

You probably know more about this than me mate. I just thought I would give it a shot with Slater Gordon. I am not expecting anything but it’s a pisstake that they settled in the States and offered sweet F.A. to UK drivers. I no longer have the car and the scandal didn’t really cost me anything

5. RabidCity

RabidCity

The T&C's of the claim say Slater & Gordon can recover up to 100% of the winnings to cover their own costs - so we can win and receive nothing. It's worth a shot though.

6. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Thanks very much mate for the info. I had only read the headline T-shirt and Cs so missed the small print. My secondary aim is to get VW to clean up their act. I might make it a personal mission if I go to Schalke lol

RabidCity likes this.
  7. sir baconface

sir baconface

This 100%. Better still, the thousands of foreign lorry drivers who pound our roads daily, chuck out litter and shit on our verges would pay something towards the fcukin privilege. We are suckers.

8. nimrod

nimrod

Correct.
    And after this Im totally gobsmacked that anyone would even consider buying a car and supporting this company.

9. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

This is the biggest con perpetrated upon us all...............it about the kudos of the latest plate and gizmo's

sir baconface likes this.
  10. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    I didn’t know you wore glasses mate.