The Waldorf Pub closing / refurb / manager leaving

Samsdad

The Waldorf
2 hrs ·
It's with real regret
That after 21 years I will be leaving the Waldorf
I would like to thank all my friends who have used us over the years creating a lifetime of memories all the staff who have worked here thank you
The pub will close on the 7th August and reopen towards the end of September under brewery management so I will be here till then so call in and say goodbye
And finally all the football fans who have come through on match day you made us known throughout the country as one of the best pubs for fans
It's been an honour to oversee this pub for you all
Cheers Wayne

45 Likes12 Comments3 Shares

Mods please move if in wrong section

The Waldorf
2 hrs ·
It's with real regret
That after 21 years I will be leaving the Waldorf
I would like to thank all my friends who have used us over the years creating a lifetime of memories all the staff who have worked here thank you
The pub will close on the 7th August and reopen towards the end of September under brewery management so I will be here till then so call in and say goodbye
And finally all the football fans who have come through on match day you made us known throughout the country as one of the best pubs for fans
It's been an honour to oversee this pub for you all
Cheers Wayne

45 Likes12 Comments3 Shares

Mods please move if in wrong section

So the brewery wait for the football season to start and then close it to carry out the refurb?!? Crazy! Anyway, all the best Wayne.

I am sure the brewery will aim not to but will probably manage to destroy the charactor of the place, many a good day/night in there. The timing for a refurb is a bit silly with the season starting.

basil_hamilton_2.png

Good luck Wayne for the future. Thanks for keeping hold of my 1860 Munich Scarf after I dropped it the other season.

Maybe they dont want the football crowd in and the timing is perfect ?
My thoughts exactly.

Rip it up and gentrify it. Will there be any decent old fashioned pubs left to have a pint in before going to match?

As well as pre match beers, had a wake in there for one of my mates so there's a tie to the place for me.

My thoughts exactly.

Rip it up and gentrify it. Will there be any decent old fashioned pubs left to have a pint in before going to match?

As well as pre match beers, had a wake in there for one of my mates so there's a tie to the place for me.

There is old fashioned and then there is run down. The refurb is much needed, and there are loads of good pubs across the city centre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.