The wasted years.

i Still think there are elements of today's City where we've missed big opportunities to win major trophies;

Carling Cup Semi Final: Last minute goal
Wigan FA cup final: Last minute goal (although Wigan deserved the win on the day IMO)
Arsenal FA cup Semi Final: Extra time goal after being the much better team
Premier League 15/16: Leicester City....
Champions League Semi-Final: Knocked out to a deflected cross

All the above we were either the better team, lost to a last minute/awful goal, or should have performed to a lot higher standard.

Although it goes without saying its been amazing being a city fan in recent years.

I was at at all of those games bar the Colin Bell injury one.

1972....Banks performance that day was superhuman, I amazed we scored once that day against him, cost us the title that game.
Yes, it was April 1st and Banks made us look like fools in front of goal! He made a double save from Frannie in the 2nd half at the Platt Lane end that made that save from Pele look routine.

Like some other posters I'm kind of glad we had the bad times so that we can fully appreciate the good but if anyone had told me in May 1968 that it would be another 44 years before won the league title I may have considered packing it in! ;-)

Yes, it was April 1st and Banks made us look like fools in front of goal! He made a double save from Frannie in the 2nd half at the Platt Lane end that made that save from Pele look routine.

Like some other posters I'm kind of glad we had the bad times so that we can fully appreciate the good but if anyone had told me in May 1968 that it would be another 44 years before won the league title I may have considered packing it in! ;-)
You wouldn't have done because like anyone from that era, It was in your blood
And that's what kept the club going

Last edited:
but if anyone had told me in May 1968 that it would be another 44 years before won the league title I may have considered packing it in! ;-)

While they're at it, can they wander over to Liverpool in 1990 and give them the bad news?

If you have'nt witnessed the bad times then you do not appreciate the good times as much , gloryhunting supporters who latch on to a team because of their success are spineless individuals , Rag fans are a perfect example , 99.9% of their 659m supporter base has never had to endure relegation and the many other traumas that go with supporting your football team , Raggies just want to reflect in the glory of the trophies they have won , plastic sad f*ckers every last one of them.

If you have'nt witnessed the bad times then you do not appreciate the good times as much , gloryhunting supporters who latch on to a team because of their success are spineless individuals , Rag fans are a perfect example , 99.9% of their 659m supporter base has never had to endure relegation and the many other traumas that go with supporting your football team , Raggies just want to reflect in the glory of the trophies they have won , plastic sad f*ckers every last one of them.
Yep, you must endure a winter to enjoy the summer.

Been going to watch our beloved blues since 1961 ( my dad took me to my 1st game when I was 3 ).
Watched us get relegated and come back as champions then become top dogs in the late 60s and early 70s.
Mid 70s we were almost good enough but just fell short of winning things apart from 76.
After that ( 81 final apart ) we were pretty dire, lots of downs and a few ups but fuck me it was great craic watching us.
The fans both home and away were in the most part amazing and travelling to shitholes like Grimsby, Lincoln etc made the fans the way we are ie we take the good and the bad and moan equally don't we.
Wouldn't change following City in those barren years for all the trophies that the dippers and rags won because my fellow blues that is what makes our current success all the more special.
Yet as much as I loved watching us in those never to be forgotten bad times I hope we never have to go back to them.
The team, manager and owners we have are fantastic and we should cherish every moment and get behind the team and cheer till we are hoarse and stay till the fucking end.
The future is bright and the future is BLUE.

i Still think there are elements of today's City where we've missed big opportunities to win major trophies;

Carling Cup Semi Final: Last minute goal
Wigan FA cup final: Last minute goal (although Wigan deserved the win on the day IMO)
Arsenal FA cup Semi Final: Extra time goal after being the much better team
Premier League 15/16: Leicester City....
Champions League Semi-Final: Knocked out to a deflected cross

All the above we were either the better team, lost to a last minute/awful goal, or should have performed to a lot higher standard.

Although it goes without saying its been amazing being a city fan in recent years.

Wigan at home in the FA Cup QF was one too. A shocker of a performance. They got Arsenal in the SF and Arsenal were in terrible form and fortunate to win. They went on to win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.