The wasted years.

I have just been reading the thread on our worst players and by God have we had more than a few! Sitting here reflecting is anyone else angry about all those wasted years? The fact that a club that was right at the top competing in England sunk to the depths of the old third division and didn't win a major trophy for THIRTY FIVE YEARS! How in the hell was this allowed to happen?

Sure we can say we had some laughs along the way, that it was character building and that in part is true. To not win even a bloody league cup in all those years though was mismanagement of the highest order and a disgrace! So yes I may have all those crazy memories, it may have been character building and all that tosh but I am bloody angry that for half of the average man's life span we were a laughing stock and won fuck all. It should never have happened and I wish it never had.
I suspect fans of Sheff Weds, Newcastle, West Ham, Leeds etc could all be saying the same thing..... and then you can go lower and mention fans from a whole host of clubs too - Coventry have one FA Cup to talk about in over 100 years (and yes, I know they won the Checkatrade thing last season....)
In half the average man's lifespan, how many clubs have won a cup?

I would change so many things-
Malcolm Alison should not have been brought back to decimate a team of internationals. The names John Bond, John Benson, John Sainty, Jimmy Frizzell, Alan Ball should never have been associated with the club. Some one should have blocked Raddy Antic's shot. Some one should have tripped up Jamie Pollock. Steve Lomas should have crossed the ball. The list is endless.
But for me the root of it all lies with one man - Peter Fucking Swales. Without whom none of the above would need changing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.