Theory......another one

barryo

If the unrest at the club among the players and the coaching staff is real I have a theory that leans toward supporting Hughes in the long term.

Hughes comes from a playing career that had a lot of success and the benefit of playing for many top managers, he will have no doubt have picked up some good( and possibly some bad) habits whilst also adding some of his own. Nevertheless he saw a lot of trophies won and would have learned the difference between winning and losing regimes.

Our current squad is made up of players who are not used to winning trophies (except for a few). The players can almost be split into 3 groups
1. Players unused to winning mentality/regime and UNPREPARED to adapt to such methods. AKA..COSY
2. Players unused to winning mentality/regime and PREPARED to adapt and be moulded into such methods. AKA..PLIABLE
3. Players who already know what a winning regime looks like and are saddened by their colleagues who are unwilling to step up to that standard. AKA.. WINNERS

Hughes has started to install a winning mentality/regime and the 3 types are doing what comes natural to them.
If the COSY brigade are busy being Cosy and the PLIABLE ones are trying to do what they can to become winners and the WINNERS are doing what comes natural there is obviuosly going to a lot of conflicting energies working for and against anything the Manager try's to implement on the pitch during a match.

I believe Hughes has identified the members of each type of player and will simply replace the COSY brigade with PLIABLE lads who want to be WINNERS whilst also adding some WINNERS with our huge transfer budget. Only after Hughes has been given a chance to buy what he believes are the right blend of WINNERS and PLIABLE talent whilst ridding our club our of the COSY brigade that have been allowed to fester in the squad should he be judged.

This is why I believe Hughes should be given time.

Barry this is most beatiful and i completeley agree.

We do have those categories

Winners
SWP
Kompany
Hammann ( has seen it and been there )

Pliable
Ireland
Petrov (when fit)

Cosy
Dunne
Richards
Ball
Garrido
Benjani

Your right and we need more time to get winners and pliable in for cosy

I'd take Garrido out of the cosy brigade. He looks up for it and looks like he's found a bit of pace at last. Maybe due to Hughes's fitness regime?

37680434566970 said:
Barry this is most beatiful and i completeley agree.

We do have those categories

Winners
SWP
Kompany
Hammann ( has seen it and been there )

Pliable
Ireland
Petrov (when fit)

Cosy
Dunne
Richards
Ball
Garrido
Benjani

Your right and we need more time to get winners and pliable in for cosy

I am at peace now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Window.......................WAHEY

Good theory.

Hughes has to try and force these cosy types to adapt to actually figure out who has a role at MCFC in the future. You could argue if he'd been a bit more coy with his methods these unsuited players would at least have had a better performance level until he got shot of them. Truth is, it was probably a shock to him and his team just how many of the current squad would rather have a kick about for a buddy manager than actually sweat buckets to reach a level of fitness they've never known. He had to stick to his way though.

Hopefully money will talk and we can still get some big big players in Jan, enough to give Hughes a half season to be properly judged on. If he gets four plus players to improve the squad and we still struggle... time to reconsider maybe. But then you just face another season of upheaval as a new manager brings his style to the club, reshapes the squad to his liking, etc...

Stevie Ireland has been the man to make me think Hughes deserves time. He's always come across as a messed up kid with huge untapped talent. Hughes' methods have sorted him out and stevie is a model professional so far this season.

My old man always says City were great back in the day because they were so fit. That Hughes wants to build a team based on these qualities impresses me. Get shot of these cosy players and results *should* dramatically improve.

When we had to change the culture at our company we classed the staff as..spectators (pliable), Players (winners) and loose cannons (cosy). It was a difficult period of change with lots of fall outs but when you get there it is so much better!

fiddlesticksblue said:
When we had to change the culture at our company we classed the staff as..spectators (pliable), Players (winners) and loose cannons (cosy). It was a difficult period of change with lots of fall outs but when you get there it is so much better!

I know mate......Who Moved my Cheese is the book that sums it all up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.