There's a hedgehog in my garage!

FuZzY

I've just opened my garage door, not the actual garage door but the one I access from the back of my house. In the darkness I could see something over by the door itself from the street light shining through underneath.
I put the light on and its a hedgehog. I'm not sure if its the one thats been living under my conifers that I've been feeding over the past year because there seems to be loads knocking about just lately round here.

I need to get him back out. Are these things too prickly to pick up or should I just try and chase him out? I can see a "Carry-On in Fuzzy's Garage" about to commence . . .

Leave a trail of raisins

Hedgehogs love raisins

And check fo baby hedgehogs in yer garage

Johnny on the spot has his own pet hedgehog. Where are you Johnny on the spot?

I've left my garage door open for the time being. Thing is he could go and hide anywhere in there and I wouldn't know. They hide in daytime usually and only come out at nights.

No point in me leaving him in there because one of my moggies has took root in there so Hedgy wouldn't get a look in if I put some cat food down for him. Unless I tried to keep moggy out of there altogether, she wouldn't be impressed.

No milk, no dairy, no bread, no raisins (sorry rasc). Absolutely no avocado.

Dry/wet cat food, dry dog food.

If you pick him up he'll spike in a blink. It will hurt a lot if he means it, so I'd advise against trying. Please be careful as wild hedgies are prone to mites and fleas. Expect to get nipped if you do pick him up.

My advice is to place an inviting, quiet box just outside the garage, fill it with bedding and leave food outside. Then make the garage bright and noisy. He should then move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.