"Theres something out there...and it ain't no man"

roaminblue

Friday night I had the fortune to engage in a particularly raucous night.

Luckily enough I drank a sensible amount, refrained from making an idiot of myself, made certain to not try and chat up women who were way out of my league, managed to jump on the last train home (just as the doors were closing) and drank several cups of water to ensure that I woke up on Saturday as spritely as Tinkerbelle after a crate of red bull.

The above, is of course bollocks.

I drank my bodyweight in gin, made an idiot out of myself by attempting to chat up far too attractive women, missed my last train home and collapsed on a friend's couch without so much as a "by your leave"

the quote in the subject title refers strongly to how I suspect those who also stayed at my friends were referring to me as I nursed what can only be described as a cataclysmic hangover.

But that is not where the story ends.

It is now Sunday. My head is still a ringing, foggy, dizzy mess. My gut feels like someone is smelting steel inside it, I'm watching shite Sunday morning television and holding back from weeping.

This has been a reoccurring phenomenon for about 18 months or so now. I don't deserve this.

Beer is your friend man. Spirits are not good, particularly in massive quantities. Gin is said to be a depressant, it may be urban myth but it perpetuates. You can still get drunk and be merry, just on ale. The hangovers wont be as bad either.
As for chatting up attractive ladies, what is wrong with that? Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Sounds like youve got a bad case of the fear and loathing. It will pass. Go for a few quiet jars on a Sunday lunchtime and crash out nice and early and you'll be brand new

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Beer is your friend man. Spirits are not good, particularly in massive quantities. Gin is said to be a depressant, it may be urban myth but it perpetuates. You can still get drunk and be merry, just on ale. The hangovers wont be as bad either.
As for chatting up attractive ladies, what is wrong with that? Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Sounds like youve got a bad case of the fear and loathing. It will pass. Go for a few quiet jars on a Sunday lunchtime and crash out nice and early and you'll be brand new

It is not called "mothers ruin" for nowt.

The best suggestion I can give you is that you make it a nightly routine. Get smashed every day and that way you will get used to the feeling.

I remember one morning after a night out I woke up in the car park opposite my mums house as I had forgotten my keys. I was shaking because this was in February. Was only then I realised I had my keys in my pocket the whole time.

It's something I've got to look at sooner rather than later. My hangovers are getting worse. I didn't get up until 5pm on the Sunday after the FA Cup Final and was still ropey as I went to Reading a few days later.

My drink of preference is a good Real Ale but it's hit and miss to find it usually so I'll go on average strength lager.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:

yeah, I know mate. Started on the beer, after the witching hour though, the demon spirits pull me back into their grasp.

I was being a bit crass about chatting up attractive ladies, I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to appearance

but you are right, I have the fear and loathing, and great way of putting it. I'm in a deep, deep hole<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:42 am --<br /><br />
davymcfc said:
The best suggestion I can give you is that you make it a nightly routine. Get smashed every day and that way you will get used to the feeling.

I remember one morning after a night out I woke up in the car park opposite my mums house as I had forgotten my keys. I was shaking because this was in February. Was only then I realised I had my keys in my pocket the whole time.

hahahaha!

yeah, that is pretty damn awful. You could have broken in though...that would have been worse

roaminblue said:
but you are right, I have the fear and loathing, and great way of putting it. I'm in a deep, deep hole

I can be a difficult person at times but I had no problem with you at all when we met in CADs Bar for the Derby. I thought you were a nice Lad.

peoffrey said:
roaminblue said:
but you are right, I have the fear and loathing, and great way of putting it. I'm in a deep, deep hole

I can be a difficult person at times but I had no problem with you at all when we met in CADs Bar for the Derby. I thought you were a nice Lad.

hahaha, cheers mate. same goes for you. we'll do it again next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.