They Hart Joe...

Is it wrong to care more about Joe having a good tournament than England ?

Knowing the English media, they love to build you up before knocking you down and I'm under no illusion that they wouldn't hesitate to slate him if he makes a mistake that knocks us out.

I think Joe is strong enough mentally to deal with something like that, but I still wouldn't want him to go through it.

He is the new Freddie Flintoff that's why.

Nice affable easy going fella who is at the very top in his sport. You will only see him with more and more omega watches and raybans etc etc.

I know it's bad for me to say but I care about Joe, Lescott and Jimmy having a good few games at the Euros and not about following England. Especially Joe though, the guy deserves this more than many people in the England squad, proper genuine guy, a good championship for him will only do us the world of good next season.

stony said:

Knowing the English media, they love to build you up before knocking you down and I'm under no illusion that they wouldn't hesitate to slate him if he makes a mistake that knocks us out.

I think Joe is strong enough mentally to deal with something like that, but I still wouldn't want him to go through it.
This, I'm nervous as fuck for our international players when they play, just wanting them to impress. I was gutted for Mario yesterday when he missed his chance then got subbed. I'm glad Silva set up Spain's goal before getting subbed. I still think the press want to slate our players at every opportunity, that's why I'm nervous for them.

With Joe being a keeper, and an English one, and playing for us, well like you said if he did drop a bollock, the press would have no hesitation in condemning him.

To True they cant wait to have a go. Also i was thinking yesterday while watching the Euros if we had to buy him now what kind of price tag would they put on him now,we would have to break the bank,and I think it would set a new world record for a goal keeper.
bluegorton said:
stony said:

This, I'm nervous as fuck for our international players when they play, just wanting them to impress. I was gutted for Mario yesterday when he missed his chance then got subbed. I'm glad Silva set up Spain's goal before getting subbed. I still think the press want to slate our players at every opportunity, that's why I'm nervous for them.

With Joe being a keeper, and an English one, and playing for us, well like you said if he did drop a bollock, the press would have no hesitation in condemning him.

bluegorton said:
stony said:

Agree with all of this ^^^^^^

Watching England play is like watching paint dry! - Want to see all our boys have a great tournament as individuals, and come back and start next season on a high!

What We found funny was the Vauxhall adverts... sure he wasn't driving a Vauxhall in the advert but this is sub-consciously what occurs to us as he is involved with Vauxhall branding throughout.

We found it funny as the guy is on crazy money and just wouldn't drive a Vauxhall, probably owns a Skoda or a FIAT know what I mean? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.