They've proven us wrong.

itisrising said:
danburge82 said:
They've proven whom wrong? I've never had a bad word to say about either of them.

There have been countless discussions regarding the two.

MCFC BOB said:
itisrising said:
Regarding Kolarov, why doesn't Mancini start him further forward. Some of his crosses are simply amazing. No one is the Premier league can whip in a ball like him.
Because then we'd have to change a system that has worked well since the FA Cup semi-final over a year ago. We tried a 3-5-2 with Kolarov in a slightly more attacking role and it didn't work. Starting with Kolarov on the left side of a four in midfield would mean we'd have to sacrifice Silva or Nasri's place in the team.

Kolarov is happy with his role at the club now he's featuring a little more but he'll never offer pace, the ability to prevent crosses coming in from the right-hand side or the ability to use both feet confidently like Clichy can. Admittedly, Kolarov's crosses are much better than Clichy's but they're only really required when we're chasing a game. Kolarov and Dzeko are suited to a much more direct style of football than what we play from the beginning of most fixtures.

Kolarov is more effective at the moment then Nasri. For parts of the game I forgot he was playing. Kolarov offers us something that no other play can. His freekick have improved tremendously and even defencively he looks stronger. We could play a 4-2-3-1 formation

Hart

Richards Lescott Kompany Clichy

Garcia Yaya

Silva Aguero Kolarov

Dzeko

I think in this formation, we would allow Kolarov to have little responsibility in defence and could whip crosses to Dzeko with Aguero picking up the pieces. Whenever Kolarov has played in this position he has shined and I think we should give him more of an oppotunity.

You lost me when you put Garcia ahead of Barry.

Also, just because Kolarov came on and was excellent yesterday doesn't mean he'll be able to play there from the start.

I really rate Aleks and his delivery is fantastic.

However, the style of football we play from the start of a game doesn't implement many crosses.

With Dzeko, I think he needs to play a bit better when he starts games to get that consistent starting berth.

Attack is the best form of defence and Aleks typifies this. He forces the winger to track back, tiring him out. When it works, it really works. However, put him up against a tricky winger and he won't enjoy it. An outstanding asset to have though. Dzeko, quite simply, has to start now. No doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.