Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is everyone is loving Thiago atm , but He doesn’t have pace , he can’t tackle so he’s basically a older rodri. Dippers lose some steal in midfield if he plays and he can’t press I see it as a negative imho

Funny thing is everyone is loving Thiago atm , but He doesn’t have pace , he can’t tackle so he’s basically a older rodri. Dippers lose some steal in midfield if he plays and he can’t press I see it as a negative imho

He averaged more tackles per game last season for Bayern than Fernandinho did for us in either of our last two title-winning seasons.

People will be pleasantly surprised how efficient he is defensively.

IMO Problem 1 exists because David Silva couldn't run any more. And Pep didn't feel that Bernardo or Foden could replace his ability to establish our possession game so Gundogan had to play. It was noticeable in games where we did play Bernardo or Foden that we just never really got on top of possession and set up those long continuous attacks, the game was more end to end and even though they player well it was a problem for us.

So Gundo had to play, that exposed the fact Rodri has a tendency to push way too high up, because 1 pass can cut him out if there's no pressure.

Fernandinho is 35 now, he's never going to have the mobility he had 2 years ago, people need to accept that.

Fernandinho at 35 is still far more mobile than Rodri or Gundogan.

Age shouldn't come into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.