The TV Quiz Show Thread

Of all the Chasers, I’d fancy my chances going high against Shaun. It must have been an off year when he won Mastermind. On the other hand, probably the most likely you could have a laugh with, despite being Chav.
Nah, Paul, collapses when he gets rattled. Shaun isn't the best of them but he's consistent.

I might start applying for these in 2019. I completed a form for Take Me Out but that was a piss take. I wouldn’t be stupid enough to go on there.

When you were young didn’t you know anything about the world and it’s major events? I know stuff about the black death, the English civil war, the history of my country, I wasn’t there, but I was brought up to be interested in where we came from. To try and understand what was going on. It seems now that this is a thing of the past and as long as you know trivia about who you like us acceptable.

They say youth will be our saviour. Well I hope so too, but if they aren’t interested in the world what chance is there of that happening?

I don’t think ignorance is a thing to be celebrated. No matter what age you are. Dumbing down helps keep us down. I despair how people don’t care to know what’s going on. Or what went on to lead us to where we are. I think that’s dangerous.

But again, the point was not being stupid or ignorant, it was going on a show that exposes that. That I cannot understand. If the quiz was about pop culture and the Karadashians type thing, she may well have won it. But, the show isn’t about that. I get the same feeling when adults tell you with pride they never read books. As if that’s something to be proud of. They don’t care about politics etc. These people are easily manipulated and we are seeing the fruits of that ignorance and manipulation all over the world today. I don’t think it’s healthy.

Yeah, they're trying to tell us FOCs that we should be doing more to save the planet. Well, the fuckers we're supposed to be saving it for know sod all about the planet!

Sort of a tenuous link, but I saw the Christmas-'celebrity'-for-charity edition episode of The Chase yesterday.

Now I've seen The Chase before..the team usually gets offered about 100k all told to beat the chaser.. But invariably they play for a lesser amount by hedging their bets(taking lower amounts) .

However when the whole show is for charity and not for personal gain eg. People with no money worries playing for Victims of various diseases and horrible living conditions, then how can The Matron or Beastman or Sinnerman.. Or whoever not throw the game?

2 celebs were left last night hoping for over £11, 000 to go to their selected charities.. (which is ridiculous when they're prepared to give away 100k every game)
They were caught in about 30 seconds cause they didn't get many right, and as a gesture Bradley said they'd be given £1000 for their charities..

I don't get it me.. Plus everyone was laughing and clapping like it was fantastic entertainment. Double Wow

Sort of a tenuous link, but I saw the Christmas-'celebrity'-for-charity edition episode of The Chase yesterday.

Now I've seen The Chase before..the team usually gets offered about 100k all told to beat the chaser.. But invariably they play for a lesser amount by hedging their bets(taking lower amounts) .

However when the whole show is for charity and not for personal gain eg. People with no money worries playing for Victims of various diseases and horrible living conditions, then how can The Matron or Beastman or Sinnerman.. Or whoever not throw the game?

2 celebs were left last night hoping for over £11, 000 to go to their selected charities.. (which is ridiculous when they're prepared to give away 100k every game)
They were caught in about 30 seconds cause they didn't get many right, and as a gesture Bradley said they'd be given £1000 for their charities..

I don't get it me.. Plus everyone was laughing and clapping like it was fantastic entertainment. Double Wow

That's what they do with the celebrity Chase - if the contestants are as thick as yer average Dipper and end up with fuck all then they lob 'em a grand to show they're not tight arses.

That's what they do with the celebrity Chase - if the contestants are as thick as yer average Dipper and end up with fuck all then they lob 'em a grand to show they're not tight arses.

Yeah but when it's for charity.. And they actually have the 100k to give doesn't it make a mockery of the purpose of the show? I must be missing something

I might start applying for these in 2019. I completed a form for Take Me Out but that was a piss take. I wouldn’t be stupid enough to go on there.

Go for it. You'll get a date on Take Me Out as there are some right desperados on there

People might laugh but you get a free holiday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.