The TV Quiz Show Thread

Reminds me of a story from the early days of the lottery
Some woman thought it would be a bit of a laugh to buy a ticket with the previous weeks winning numbers on it and give it to her partner
she had already recorded the previous saturday's draw and re-played it on the telly whilst hubby was sitting watching with the ticket in his hand gradually getting more and more excited as his numbers came in
I'm sure everyone had a good laugh at that jolly wheeze ;)
That's fucking evil

Reminds me of a story from the early days of the lottery
Some woman thought it would be a bit of a laugh to buy a ticket with the previous weeks winning numbers on it and give it to her partner
she had already recorded the previous saturday's draw and re-played it on the telly whilst hubby was sitting watching with the ticket in his hand gradually getting more and more excited as his numbers came in
I'm sure everyone had a good laugh at that jolly wheeze ;)
I remember that story but I think it was the other way around gender wise. The woman was having a bath so he set up the recoding just in time for her to watch. I dare say other dick heads have copied this since, I'd never do that, it's borderline evil.

Many years ago doing our regular pub quiz we had the hilarious task of marking the answers for one of most intellectually challenged teams ever.

The one that's stands out

What is a jalapeño

Answer

A White Horse

I remember that story but I think it was the other way around gender wise. The woman was having a bath so he set up the recoding just in time for her to watch. I dare say other dick heads have copied this since, I'd never do that, it's borderline evil.
In the early days of the lottery i worked in a kitchen and we had radio 1 on for the lottery results. Our head chef organised the syndicate for people at the restaurant and worked front of house and asked me to write the results down when they came on so he could check them later when having a pint. I found his little folder with all the tickets in, picked a random line and wrote the numbers down jumbled up. Gave him the numbers and left him to it. Later on in the bar i thought i'd killed him. He went pale, started re checking, then started to look around in disbelief. Only when he saw me laughing did he realise and safe to say i had to run fast.

I did feel guilty to be honest, but working in a kitchen in those days was like a warzone for setting people up and taking the piss, plus he was a rag.

In the early days of the lottery i worked in a kitchen and we had radio 1 on for the lottery results. Our head chef organised the syndicate for people at the restaurant and worked front of house and asked me to write the results down when they came on so he could check them later when having a pint. I found his little folder with all the tickets in, picked a random line and wrote the numbers down jumbled up. Gave him the numbers and left him to it. Later on in the bar i thought i'd killed him. He went pale, started re checking, then started to look around in disbelief. Only when he saw me laughing did he realise and safe to say i had to run fast.

I did feel guilty to be honest, but working in a kitchen in those days was like a warzone for setting people up and taking the piss, plus he was a rag.
Your last sentence absolutely justified it!:-)

All right, smart arse, what colour is it?

;-)
Same pub, another night.

A mate of ours Jamie, was sat with his family doing the quiz, he was known to everyone as Jam and he was overweight.

Question, "what do they call Jam in America"

My mate in our team shouts out

"a fat bastard like they do over here"

Jam's mother was mortified, he's not fat anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.