Things people dont do anymore

Drink sterilised milk
Use Loot or Exchange and Mart
Use Smash
Fry with lard
Use Brylcreem

RadcliffeRick said:
Say please and thank you. Give up their seat on public transport for the elderly or a lady.

Happens to me on the tube all the time.
At first I thought it was charming
Now I just think they're taking the piss
I mean 63 - that's not old...
...is it?

Compulsive Rambler said:
Family meals together???

Most days, like everyday it would be sat having a meal, same time/place.
With the changes in work patterns, people all over the show, families are less and less getting together and eating together.

[bigimg]http://s3.amazonaws.com/static2.postcrossing.com/postcard/medium/918cce1c34b81a644d8568d59ccc01f0.jpg[/bigimg]

This looks alien to me... maybe at Christmas but even then we've just gone out to a restuarant.

All our married life we have sat down every day to a family evening meal.
Always will.
Some of our children's friends were astonished at this...
The one's with no conversation or social skills.

Compulsive Rambler said:
Family meals together???

Most days, like everyday it would be sat having a meal, same time/place.
With the changes in work patterns, people all over the show, families are less and less getting together and eating together.

[bigimg]http://s3.amazonaws.com/static2.postcrossing.com/postcard/medium/918cce1c34b81a644d8568d59ccc01f0.jpg[/bigimg]

This looks alien to me... maybe at Christmas but even then we've just gone out to a restuarant.

All our married life we have sat down every day to a family evening meal.
Always will.
Some of our children's friends were astonished at this...
The one's with no conversation or social skills.

nimrod said:
Dont know about the UK but people dont ever write cheques here

Only small businesses still use them here, everything is EFT and card based now.

nimrod said:
Tinker with the car

Hang the washing out

Have milk delivered

Mrs Ewing does the first of these (hanging out the washing and not tinkering with the car), occasionally assisted by myself, and we have the milk delivered by a Rag, a pleasanter one than yer average. Mind, I keep telling him there are other milk solutions available!

Nobody repairs anything anymore. Which is a crying shame, because the benefits of doing so are not only financial but involve learning and skill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.