Things that are supposed to make life easier that don't.

The trick, when coming back from a fortnights holidays is to delete everything, if it’s important the cunts will email you again.

a modern variation on the old "every 2 weeks clear your desk into the bin, if it's important etc"

Just a bit of a rant about our shiny new HR system at work: "Trust us guys; this will make life so much easier..."

6 weeks ago I could wander down the corridor, speak to a human being who actually knew 'stuff' about HR, and they had a telephone and an email where I could actually contact them, and it was great. Even if they didn't have an answer they knew where to get one. Stuff generally got sorted quickly and there were very rarely any issues. Admin across the whole of our business generally got a bad rap (everyone hates Admin), but in our building they were generally pretty good.

Now we have an app based online system where you have to submit a query through a UI which is a series of menus with acronyms that are both confusing and misleading, and you actually have to know exactly what you are looking for in order to search for the right drop down menu. If you use the wrong online form your request gets rejected without reason, and if an actual human from the 'Service Centre' tries to call you and you are not at your desk the request gets terminated and you have to start the process all over again....

I've spent half the morning trying to find the app, log on, work out the menus and submit my request which should result in someone contacting me and telling me how I submit my form that I used to just email to the guy down the end of the corridor (a 2 minute job at most).

The new system is Turbo Wank!!!

Which HR software is it your using?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.