Things that are supposed to make life easier that don't.

One thing I actually find useful about email is that you can mark senders as 'junk' so that you never have to receive crap from people you don't like.

On paper (forgive the very slight pun), out of office notifications are handy. Again, at my last job I worked with a total **** who documented absolutely everything he ever did as a "favour" so he could use it to show the boss how productive he was. When I started the job we were a team of 5 but one person got axed and others just left of their own accord, so it was only me and fuck face left under one manager. The nature of the work meant we had to have an out of office contact. You would return to one email from the customer, then an email from knobrot replying to the customer to say you were on leave, then knobrot replying to the customer's query (and more often than not doing nothing to fix it), and then one final email from him to me with the boss on copy to say what he'd done. That's a minimum of 4 emails from one interaction. That bastard wants stringing up by the bollocks and his teeth kicking in.

Tinder!

Always seemingly get the weird ones

They are all absolute fruit loops on there. It's quite obvious that they've done the whole face to face thing and been sussed out to be the absolute psychopath they are.*

*Currently 18 months into a Tinder relationship :-D

Tinder!

Always seemingly get the weird ones

I enjoyed Tinder for what it was. Mixed bag really. Briefly went out with a lovely but troubled girl and it was my fault we stopped dating, as I got caught out lying about accepting coke off a housemate of hers when I was pissed. In truth if it wasn't that it would have been something else though, very insecure lady. Got knocked back on another date for not being into it enough. Perhaps the most surreal was talking to a girl I had no attraction to whatsoever, but she was in the High Peak brass band and all her photos were with trumpets and I just couldn't resist asking if that was the only thing she blew.

Mobile phones in general. Under huge pressure from all and sundry, I finally got one after years of holding out. I hate the thing, and never take it out with me. It in fact sits on the table, like a land line. This of course does not allow me to escape from other people's mobiles and them shouting their thundering banalities on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.