Things you least expect

jimharri said:
-dabz- said:
jimharri said:
A high roller in Woody Park? "Hold the front page!"
Are you familiar with WHP?
Born and raised in Moss Side, and Longsight. I know all about high rollers Dabz! Calm down; I'm only having a laugh. When I was growing up, cabbage was a rarity, let alone cars!
Its alright mate, I wasn't taking offence...just wondering like. I know people have heard of Wythenshawe but WHP is a bit more obscure.

-dabz- said:
jimharri said:
-dabz- said:
jimharri said:
A high roller in Woody Park? "Hold the front page!"
Are you familiar with WHP?
Born and raised in Moss Side, and Longsight. I know all about high rollers Dabz! Calm down; I'm only having a laugh. When I was growing up, cabbage was a rarity, let alone cars!
Its alright mate, I wasn't taking offence...just wondering like. I know people have heard of Wythenshawe but WHP is a bit more obscure.
Of course I've heard of it. WHP, Sharston (went to those baths a few times with my school when I was growing up; are they still there?), Benchill. Can't say that I have intimate knowledge of them (not my old stomping ground really), but yeah. I am aware of them.

-dabz- said:
No, Sharston baths got knocked down years ago- My brother worked there for about 8 years. I grew up in Benchill. The place has gone way down hill now....
Like a lot of places. Moss Side isn't the same place now that I grew up in in the late sixties/early seventies. Back then, there was a sense of community, and of course we had God's own teamin our back yard (about 5 minutes walk for me!). Now, the place is synonymous with one thing only; gun crime and gangs. Damn, that's two! Sad really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.