Thinking outside the box

It's not so far out the box in that certain places are trialling it already, but a universal basic income scheme. When you think about it in this modern society having to work just to feed yourselves and your family makes little sense, it's just ingrained in our psyche. All that time and energy could be put to greater use. For example we have people standing on check-outs doing a job you could train a chimp to do, what a massive waste of time.

Give everyone enough to pay the bills and proceed with the automation of menial jobs.

You want extra, nice things, then you work. Start a business without fear of losing everything. Have time to be active, to study, to be parents, volunteer, etc.

I think they call this place a council estate

For years I have thought our version of democracy doesn't work and there is no element of jeopardy for failure. Some sort in inter party collusion governance with death penalty votes every 5 yrs for those deemed not serving the public interest

With the advancement in technology this is closer than you think.

There will come a time when automation of lots of jobs comes and governments will have to pay people a living greater than what's paid now in benefits.

That's where capitalism is taking us and I'm on your side of the fence mate... so I guess I'm for it, if we can make it work.

My Mrs is an accountant and that will be one of the first to go unfortunately for us.

Glib reply, but plenty of people in council estates spend their lives working shite jobs just to scrape by.

Give people the choice and a few will choose to sit on their arse doing sod all, most people will want something more though.

2%rise in VAT that goes directly to the NHS and a cross party committee together with experienced health care workers and managers to put together a strategic 25 year plan for the NHS that cannot be changed by any government

If that succeeds, then the same for education

There is no doubt they have to be taken out of the hands of politicians and put into the hands of people with the relevant experience.

Glib reply, but plenty of people in council estates spend their lives working shite jobs just to scrape by.

Give people the choice and a few will choose to sit on their arse doing sod all, most people will want something more though.

As a first class lazy sod myself and from experience sitting on your arse doing nothing is a lot more appealing than you think.

There is no doubt they have to be taken out of the hands of politicians and put into the hands of people with the relevant experience.

The comittee would just say we need shit loads more money please, you can't take the politics out of the NHS, what we should be doing is changing the way politics is done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.