Thinking outside the box

I've done it, it's shit but a habit that can be difficult to escape, especially when the alternative is a similar standard of living through working much harder. I've also gone from working minimum wage, virtual zero hour contracts, to working 50-60 hours a week relatively well paid. Both also shit.

Right now i earn enough working 4 days a week, plus a bit extra through a few other things to comfortably live, and have time and money enough to pursue plenty of other interests, by the far the best work/life balance i've ever had and i'm really really lucky to be in this position.

You're not lucky you're motivated. It's out there for most people if they want it.

Those with relevant experience work in the NHS, their colleagues do and they are very protective of the workforce it is only natural. Any reforms always get negativity from those in the organisation. It happens in the private sector as well. The political system we have means any long term planning is near on impossible to achieve

We agree the system needs changing, there is no doubt about that. I think they go mad when the likes of Hunt steam in with nonsense which is perfectly understandable. I am not saying they would get a free ride. Things would have to be costed and justified, just stop the politicians driving the agenda, they have far less knowledge, it is a mad situation.

NHS more money
Social care more money
Prisons more money
Low paid more money
Police more money
Education more money
Roads more money
Transport more money
Local government more money
Plus loads more

We could set up all the committees in the world and they will all say they need more money and they do but that's the easy part. Our system is based on parties moving money around to various groups depending on what is needed to get them elected. We have wasted so much money on continual reforms or waiting for things to break down before we act. Spending wisely is just as important as spending big.

That is a fantastic list on why the tories need booting. ;)

We agree the system needs changing, there is no doubt about that. I think they go mad when the likes of Hunt steam in with nonsense which is perfectly understandable. I am not saying they would get a free ride. Things would have to be costed and justified, just stop the politicians driving the agenda, they have far less knowledge, it is a mad situation.

Have you not found it strange over the years that pretty much every change made to the NHS or education or any other service gets derided by the opposition and those who work in that service. This is whatever party is in charge. This is all down to self interest by all concerned. Would I pay extra tax that was earmarked for the NHS? Not a chance, would I if everyone else was paying their share possibly, would I if people spending it realised it comes from other working people, definately.

Raising taxes is inherently unfair in today's society because the ones coughing up are the only ones currently doing their fair share.

NHS more money
Social care more money
Prisons more money
Low paid more money
Police more money
Education more money
Roads more money
Transport more money
Local government more money
Plus loads more

We could set up all the committees in the world and they will all say they need more money and they do but that's the easy part. Our system is based on parties moving money around to various groups depending on what is needed to get them elected. We have wasted so much money on continual reforms or waiting for things to break down before we act. Spending wisely is just as important as spending big.

This list simply shows that people need to be paid better, so they can make better choices and contribute more to their society.

This list simply shows that the government should tax big business more or contribute a minimum funnel to society's needs... like the NHS!

Between the government, big greedy corporate business and the fat fooking cats and we civilians, I'm sure we can make it work.

But, first, let’s make it fair.

This list simply shows that people need to be paid better, so they can make better choices and contribute more to their society.

This list simply shows that the government should tax big business more or contribute a minimum funnel to society's needs... like the NHS!

Between the government, big greedy corporate business and the fat fooking cats and we civilians, I'm sure we can make it work.

But, first, let’s make it fair.

How would you make people better paid and how would you make big business cough up more

You know, TFC, for a while now, I've been thinking how closely linked our politics and US politics have gotten and it's not just the odd thing here and there, like it used to be.

Our overseas friends have finally started to see how much they get the pissed ripped out of them and now they're shouting about it. We're much more reserved dealing with the same issues!

None of our politicians would even think about 'Fairtax' as they're very much 'old guard' thinking and we need 'progressive thinking' in order to move society on to being treated with respect.

How much profit in millions or billions does anyone really need and why the drive to grow it at the expense of society?

It's crazy if you ask me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.