This forum

I feel the introduction of avatars will help calm a lot of people. Let's introduce big 150 x 150 px avatars.

I raised the issue of pointless merging two years ago.....

This board is becoming increasingly difficult to navigate and, even boring due to the apparently unthinking merging of topics for the sole reason that they relate to the same player.

Every time I look at the board the number of pages on the posts simply entitled, " Javi Garcia", "Fernandinho" etc. have increased but there is no way to know what the post is about (other than it relates to the player) without sifting through seemingly endless posts some of which are interesting, some of which are not.

"Garcia injured" is not the same post as "Garcia too slow" and merging them simply because they relate to Garcia is quite simply pointless. I understand the need to merge some threads when they are closely related but we will simply end up with a thread for each player that runs into thousands of pages unless more thought is put into merging posts. The current approach stifles debate and, at least in my view, needs re-visiting.

Rodney, 31 Oct 2013

I think it's clear from this thread alone that people have very different opinions when it comes to the merging of threads, so we'll never be able to please everyone.

As mentioned earlier, we'll always take on board feedback so I'm happy to trial a more relaxed approach for a few weeks and see how it goes. We can make a decision then on which is the better way moving forward.

I'd like to see the 'pre-match' threads kept open for 24hrs after the game so we can reply to some of the more outlandish predictions made before the event.

I raised the issue of pointless merging two years ago.....

This board is becoming increasingly difficult to navigate and, even boring due to the apparently unthinking merging of topics for the sole reason that they relate to the same player.

Every time I look at the board the number of pages on the posts simply entitled, " Javi Garcia", "Fernandinho" etc. have increased but there is no way to know what the post is about (other than it relates to the player) without sifting through seemingly endless posts some of which are interesting, some of which are not.

"Garcia injured" is not the same post as "Garcia too slow" and merging them simply because they relate to Garcia is quite simply pointless. I understand the need to merge some threads when they are closely related but we will simply end up with a thread for each player that runs into thousands of pages unless more thought is put into merging posts. The current approach stifles debate and, at least in my view, needs re-visiting.

Rodney, 31 Oct 2013
Conversely we had more complaints about the number of threads on broadly the same subject, in the end we have to keep the majority happy not the minority who think they have a unique opinion that warrants its own thread which makes the forum even more difficult to navigate, again have a look at the forums of the other top clubs they are run in broadly the same way, otherwise it would be complete chaos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.