This girl who died on a speedboat and the lad who ran off to Georgia......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44769604

This is the boat. Outboard, no fixed fuel and no lights.

Can't tell about the fuel. But there is a port starboard light on the very tip of the bow.

T1EqClx.jpg

Last edited:
That's a bought light that is probably battery powered. When they say lights they mean connected to a proper system. But I'll let it pass... ;)
Nah my speedboat isn’t too much bigger than that and has integral lights similar to that.

The rules are regarding safety certificates for boats on the Thames are basically trying to discount dingys and launches as opposed to speedboats.

Pretty much if I were in a boating accident and my girlfriend died - I, for sure, would run off to Georgia and hide.

What's the problem?

Regarding the jury bit, I hear you. I sat on one and thought the police, prosecution and defence were all lacking in areas.
For this case, I can't help but think manslaughter is right as he seems to have acted negligently over a period of time and had advice that could have possibly saved the girl. Not sure six years is appropriate but maybe not turning up for trial caused that.

Without being privy to the facts of the case, I can’t see how such much emphasis has been given to the condition of the boat if it didn’t cause the crash. So even though he acted like a bit of a dick over a few months in keeping a dodgy boat, that in itself shouldn’t be reason to find him guilty and maybe shouldn’t have been heard in court at all (?). I’m guessing the jury have either found him guilty believing he should have required her to wear a life jacket (which seems a bit perverse because that is a responsibility she should have undertook herself) and/or they believe he was recklessly driving the boat when it crashed (which I don’t know whether can be supported by evidence). It seems a little bit of a leap of faith to find him guilty for those reasons, and I can’t imagine they would have found him guilty had it been his sister who had died rather than a girl he was trying to plough.

I have been reading about it this morning.

I just wondered what peoples thoughts were on it as this lad has been painted in a very bad light.

To me it just seems like a tragic horrible accident.
The papers though seem to have got hold of this though and made the lad out to be a murderer.

I get you cant run off and not face the consequences, so for that he should be held accountable.

However:

*He wasn't driving it when it crashed, she was.
*They had both had a drink not just him. She was over the limit and decided to drive the boat and crashed it.
*The police didn't even want to charge him at first. They thought it was just an unfortunate accident.
*Her dad works in the prison system and used his powers to get a meeting with the Home Secretary and thus charges were brought against him.
*Father rang him saying he would make sure he got sent down and prison would be terrible for him.

No wonder he fucked off to Georgia.

If I took a girl out and she crashed my boat as she had a few drinks surely that's her fault and not mine?

Anyway, people love a witch hunt. Or maybe people think he should be charged with manslaughter??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...king-speedboat-killer-finally-surrenders.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46984333
I thoyght the same it a tragic acident .not suprised he legged it as he facing a few years in the nick .police were pressured into bringing charges.Would have gone to Benidorm not Georgia though.feel sorry for the girl and her family

Seeing as there is so much unsubstantiated bullshit in support of the killer on here what do his fanboys think of the new revelation that he staged the accident after she went overboard and he abandoned her?

Seeing as there is so much unsubstantiated bullshit in support of the killer on here what do his fanboys think of the new revelation that he staged the accident after she went overboard and he abandoned her?

Unsubstantiated report countered by another unsubstantiated report. This'll get as big as the McCann fiasco soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.