This girl who died on a speedboat and the lad who ran off to Georgia......

Seeing as there is so much unsubstantiated bullshit in support of the killer on here what do his fanboys think of the new revelation that he staged the accident after she went overboard and he abandoned her?

No fan boy in the slightest (haven't heard all the evidence to form a concrete view). I will say it's pretty difficult to get a speedboat to upturn on demand and I would say even more difficult to do it in a location close to where the girl would have been in the water.

Does anyone know accurately how far the girl was found from the boat? as that might make it more plausible if she was a considerable distance away.

OK, own up, who sent the death threat to his English lawyer?

Seriously though this case is doing my head in. He's been convicted by a jury of gross negligence manslaughter. Job done. If he thought he was innocent he should have stayed around for the trial and given evidence. The fact that he skipped the country and chose not to defend himself, well, what did he expect to happen.

And now we've got fucking idiots trying to intimidate his legal team, when they are merely operating the criminal justice system and following instructions. Jesus wept!

Interesting views on here. It's his boat, he's in charge and responsible for the well being of everyone involved.

The same principles apply when driving a car.

I don't know if anyone has seen 'Car Crash: Who's Lying' but it is highly recommended and relevant.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06qccp0

I won't spoil it for anyone interested in watching it, but....

An unlicensed owner of a car went out driving with his mates. There was a crash, one died, another suffered permanent brain damage. At the scene, the owner appeared to say he was the driver, and was unclear of the number of passengers. In interview, he stated that another friend was driving, and had left the scene. That friend denied it and appeared to have an alibi. But after 6 months +, forensics clearly showed that this guy had been driving, just as the owner had said.
The driver was utterly unmoved by it all. He basically took the fucking piss in the car, went home, lied, dropped his mates in it and never blinked until the conclusive evidence was presented to him, at which point his only reaction was to get mardy and said he 'just wanted to kick some ****'s head in'.
This guy was a real piece of work. He got 8 years, death by dangerous driving whilst uninsured.
But the owner, who had given him the keys, and told the truth, got 6 years for aiding and abetting. Just for handing the keys to someone, who crashed and killed his friend.
Personally, I was shocked by that. But I knew he DID have some responsibility. I was expecting maybe 2 years suspended.
Point is, I don't see how this case is that different from death by dangerous driving, just because it is a boat.

I'm a little sympathetic with this guy's argument in that the father of the deceased does indeed seem like the kind of guy to know exactly how to use the system to the fullest, as demonstrated by him getting TV time and the backing of the FO....

... but I think I like him (the father) more for that. He came across really well in the interview.

And, FWIW, The Times reports that our erstwhile fugitive is also wanted for glassing a barman in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.