This is so funny

Manchester la la la la said:
mock all you like

this will be us in a few years though, sadly

I profoundly disagree with this statement.

We have too much personality as a club to completely become like that. We may lose some of our identity along the way, but the road we have travelled is so distinct from the one that they have been on that I truly believe that you will still have to 'get' City.

And it's up to us to make sure that what I've said is correct.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Manchester la la la la said:
mock all you like

this will be us in a few years though, sadly

We have too much personality as a club to completely become like that. We may lose some of our identity along the way, but the road we have travelled is so distinct from the one that they have been on that I truly believe that you will still have to 'get' City.

And it's up to us to make sure that what I've said is correct

Even as a red mate, I hope it doesn't happen to you however. Right now 40,000 odd go and watch City each week, I could be wrong but I don't think there's tens of thousands unable to get in who want tickets? If you increase the stadium capacity to 70-80,000 that's a hell of a lot of people that City are going to have to actively market to fill those seats. As a business (which football unfortunately is) the people marketing those seats will try to sell to anyone. Take it from me, the bigger the stadium gets the more the new fan type will appear, or the seats will remain empty. I'm not having a go at you mate, it's football in general that's changing and it's sad.

straighttalker said:

And it's up to us to make sure that what I've said is correct

Even as a red mate, I hope it doesn't happen to you however. Right now 40,000 odd go and watch City each week, I could be wrong but I don't think there's tens of thousands unable to get in who want tickets? If you increase the stadium capacity to 70-80,000 that's a hell of a lot of people that City are going to have to actively market to fill those seats. As a business (which football unfortunately is) the people marketing those seats will try to sell to anyone. Take it from me, the bigger the stadium gets the more the new fan type will appear, or the seats will remain empty. I'm not having at you mate, it's football in general that's changing and it's sad.

To expand upon my point in any market to compete you have to either:

(a) try and match your competitor and take them on at their own game.

or

(b) differentiate yourself.

We would be foolish to try and even attempt (a) not least because it would be a betrayal to everything that defines this club.

The commercial world is littered, however, with examples of companies/brands that have flourished by saying 'we're not like them'.

Apple, Virgin (generally), Channel 4, Pret a Manger, & John Lewis all fall into this catagory. Iconoclastic brands that attract a different, more discerning customer who isn't just driven by the lowest common denominator.

If City can market themselves correctly they can be true to all that hallmarks this club and its supporters whilst achieving the aim of growing the club commercially.

It will also have the further benefit of not attracting loser no mark cunts from Surrey who you have to sit next to every week.

Like I said City fans can play a big part in this. We don't have to change what we are if we all resolve to prevent it happening.

It doesn't mean we won't see things we don't like, and it doesn't mean we won't occasionaly look to the past with a sense of nostalga (as we do now) but Manchester City Football Club is a very special thing and I'm fucked if I'm going to let anyone or anything change that.

citykev28 said:
citysky said:
typical rag fans

Manchester-derby-split-scarves-cropped.png

L6wLm.jpg

a group of bulgarians watching their country's player of the year at a match (the derby) that they may never get to witness again and buying a souvenir scarf from the occasion.

you'd never see that at eastlands would you? say like a group of belgians over to watch vinnie?
just a bunch of, bulgarian pikeys.....end of.

straighttalker said:
Even as a red mate, I hope it doesn't happen to you however. Right now 40,000 odd go and watch City each week, I could be wrong but I don't think there's tens of thousands unable to get in who want tickets? If you increase the stadium capacity to 70-80,000 that's a hell of a lot of people that City are going to have to actively market to fill those seats. As a business (which football unfortunately is) the people marketing those seats will try to sell to anyone. Take it from me, the bigger the stadium gets the more the new fan type will appear, or the seats will remain empty. I'm not having at you mate, it's football in general that's changing and it's sad.

To expand upon my point in any market to compete you have to either:

(a) try and match your competitor and take them on at their own game.

or

(b) differentiate yourself.

We would be foolish to try and even attempt (a) not least because it would be a betrayal to everything that defines this club.

The commercial world is littered, however, with examples of companies/brands that have flourished by saying 'we're not like them'.

Apple, Virgin (generally), Channel 4, Pret a Manger, & John Lewis all fall into this catagory. Iconoclastic brands that attract a different, more discerning customer who isn't just driven by the lowest common denominator.

If City can market themselves correctly they can be true to all that hallmarks this club and its supporters whilst achieving the aim of growing the club commercially.

It will also have the further benefit of not attracting loser no mark cunts from Surrey who you have to sit next to every week.

Like I said City fans can play a big part in this. We don't have to change what we are if we all resolve to prevent it happening.

It doesn't mean we won't see things we don't like, and it doesn't mean we won't occasionaly look to the past with a sense of nostalga (as we do now) but Manchester City Football Club is a very special thing and I'm fucked if I'm going to let anyone or anything change that

Contrary to what you think my friend, there's loads of locals that still go to Old Trafford. You make some good points and while I have no love for City, I wish you well. As for filling your expanded stadium, expect to be rediculed as having glory hunting fans if attendances increase. I've listened to that for years, it's the price you pay. I often long for the supporters of the 80's (without the violence) alongside the football of today. Some on here are already complaining about people at the COMS turning up with no knowledge of the club or desire to be vocal, as I say it's very sad.

Re: This is so funny hahahahah

steveb15 said:
shawgorbie said:
Shut up you middle class arsewipe.Anyone wearing,even thinking of wearing one should be hung drawn and quatered.You've never seen a city fan!

Nice way with words you have!
The whole point is that anyone wearing one isn't a fan in the same way as you are.
They are less tribal, just excited to be at the match and almost certainly not going to be at the next one.
That doesn't mean they deserve abuse though., yet alone a painful death!

Anything Rag related is not welcome at our ground, I repeat 100% not fucking welcome! I don't give a shit what any diplomatic, PC, democratic people say - ANYTHING RAG RELATED IS NOT FUCKING WELCOME!

danburge82 said:
steveb15 said:
Nice way with words you have!
The whole point is that anyone wearing one isn't a fan in the same way as you are.
They are less tribal, just excited to be at the match and almost certainly not going to be at the next one.
That doesn't mean they deserve abuse though., yet alone a painful death!

Anything Rag related is not welcome at our ground, I repeat 100% not fucking welcome! I don't give a shit what any diplomatic, PC, democratic people say - ANYTHING RAG RELATED IS NOT FUCKING WELCOME!

Well that's your view and I do partly understand it. I won't have anything red in my house. Some people find that extreme but that is my choice. Once I am out in public I have to accept that other people make different choices.
In the ground I would rather sit next to someone wearing a dodgy souvenir scarf but shouting for the team than someone decked out head to toe in City merchandise, dead quiet, sitting on their hands.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
blue_taff said:
do you reckon you can get celtic/rangers ones from the old firm derby, i would love one of those
In a word.... NO ;)

imagine if ye did wear one though,
you would get the shit kicked out ye by both Celtic & Rangers fans.
fukn no thanks ;)

Exactly - it would be too difficult to wipe your arse with just the green bit !

steveb15 said:
danburge82 said:

Well that's your view and I do partly understand it. I won't have anything red in my house. Some people find that extreme but that is my choice. Once I am out in public I have to accept that other people make different choices.
In the ground I would rather sit next to someone wearing a dodgy souvenir scarf but shouting for the team than someone decked out head to toe in City merchandise, dead quiet, sitting on their hands.
I'm sorry you're just so WRONG!Not just in my opinion,in any PROPER city fan's opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.