This is the reason why...........

Reports suggested that Kaka was not a Hughes target. It would have been a present to the Sheikh erm from Himself..........Err?. I would rather see 3 or 4 decent players for 100 million to be honest.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Most of them seem convinced that the results are nothing to do with Hughes, the fault of the players and that no matter what happens on Hughes watch he should be forgiven as he is 'the brightest young British manager' TM.

In fact, they are all giving the impression that if he is sacked they can't wait to castigate the big bad Arabs for having the cheek to sack one of their own.

Shit or get off the potty JMA...I'm asking you to provide me with a few links to media articles which are "convinced that the results are nothing to do with Hughes" and that "can't wait to castigate the big bad Arabs for having the cheek to sack one of their own..."

That's if you have time, and can be arsed...LOL.

Ricster said:
Hughes has to go. Our performances in the league have been woeful to say the least, barring the odd game, and now when it comes to trying to attract a high profile player to the club he says no because of the clubs position at this time.

Nobody else is to blame bar MH. He's the one who picks the team and tactics, and he HAS made some horrendous decision's in his time as manager at this club. I gave him a chance at the start and he pissed it away with mistakes like Micah at LB, Vassell instead of Elano, etc.

If ADUG have any desire for this club to become one of the worlds best, they better start by getting in a top man who knows how to do his job. Not one that is still learning.

Agent Hughes earning his money I see

I honestly haven't got time to go searching. i haven't really got time to be replying.

Yes, that's a cop out and yes I would love to go searching even if it meant dragging up the only article in existance to skew the argument in my favour.

But I can't. nd even if I did, my production of a few articles would in no way be a definitive support of my impression.

As it is, I put forward my view/impression of the general view of the situation in reponse to a view tht was expressed that did exactly the same and didn't provide sources either.

I think that's fair enough as without a statistical measurement of all of the media then we aren't going to get a definitive answer.

In the absence of being able to provide that I'll stick with my opinion that the media have been kind to Hughes and that I have detected a running theme saying it would be very poor form if the money men sacked him. I'm happy that this is more realistic than the media inventing and exagerating City's poor form this season. But, no, I can't prove it. It can't be disproved either though, without huge research and statistical evidence.

I agree that Hughes has put us in a position where we are unlikely to attract any BIG names in this window. He is the manager and must take responsibility for the results. I say again, HE IS THE MANAGER. In every other walk of life and even in football at every other club the buck stops with the manager. Why should we be any different. If we were top 8 right now with a good spirit in the club especially with the Brazilian players then maybe we could sell the deal to Kaka but as it is I just can't see him wanting to leave italy for a relegation scrap.

I am no fan of Hughes and never have been. How many of the great teams have ever played football like Blackburn? So why should we want to play that type of football.

Ricster said:
Hughes has to go. Our performances in the league have been woeful to say the least, barring the odd game, and now when it comes to trying to attract a high profile player to the club he says no because of the clubs position at this time.

Nobody else is to blame bar MH. He's the one who picks the team and tactics, and he HAS made some horrendous decision's in his time as manager at this club. I gave him a chance at the start and he pissed it away with mistakes like Micah at LB, Vassell instead of Elano, etc.

If ADUG have any desire for this club to become one of the worlds best, they better start by getting in a top man who knows how to do his job. Not one that is still learning.

Oh behave. As if it's got nothing to do with the fact that City have done nothing of note for over 30 years.

Anyway, how have you any idea why he has turned us down, if he has?

Well if it's all down to our league position at this moment in time, if we win the next three games we'll definitely be in the top half or even as high as 8th so after the Stoke game at the end of the month perhaps we can go back and see what Kaka thinks then?

Like fuck it's all down to our league position. If Kaka has turned us down solely on that then he obviously isn't a very forward thinking person. More likely, he has said a polite thanks but no thanks and said come back when City are in the Champions League and can consistently challenge at the top end of the table and he'll take us more seriously then. And that's something that Hughes - or any other manager for that matter - was always highly unlikely to deliver this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.