This Saturday - Alan Henning Tribute

Yea I was dissapointed with the club tbh if they had planned to do it, They should of placed info on the big screen and the 2nd tier LED's...
Nobody around me was talking about it pre-match/half-time and on the 11th minute no applause started (111/112)

They can hapilly announce kid's birthdays and peoples first ever visits to watch City though...

Things like this need to be done pre-match when it can be announced what is actually happening and proper and due respect given. Doing during a game is not the right time, no one is sure what or when it is happening and it can distract the players. Also what happens if we let a goal or score during the minutes applause, it would just die and be lost.
For me it should be before kick off or not at all. It seems crazy to do it during the game.
My preference is for a minutes silence, which seems much more respectful than applause but that may be because I am an old fart!!
Today's effort of spasmodic brief clapping was sadly a poor effort, Alan and his family deserved a hell of a lot more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.