This season a City player will win POTY. Who will it be?

Liverpool beaten early on in League and FA Cups whilst City forge on on 4 fronts together with the blotting of Salah's copybook, and injury to Keaene means that a City player is very likely to land the POTY award.

VVD and Robertson are two outstanding players, but my tip is Laporte.

The first time lofted pass to Aguero for City's 3rd goal followed the glorious pass he made in the opening minutes against Wolves into the path of Sane who squared for Jesus to score the first goal.

And then consider his defensive game, for example blotting out Salah as en emergency left back at home to Liverpool.
I wish you were right but there is no chance a City player will win it, especially if the Dippers win the League. Laporte is brilliant but in a straight fight against VVD he has no chance.

For reference, look at the Coach of the Year awards - who won it the years we won the league (excluding Pep as they really had no other choice) and then look who won it the years in between us winning the league (clue SAF).

You simply cant beat the system and the system loves the Dippers and the Rags (and almost anyone else) more than they love us.

If anyone from City is going to win this award its going to be Merlin because people are finally starting to realise he has been disrespected for far too long.

Last edited:
I don’t think we will have more than two in team of the year!

It’s already got these nailed on.

De Gea - for one/two good games so far.
Robertson
VVD
Salah
Pogba despite being completely shit for half a season
Rashford - ditto Pogba
Hazard
Kane

That leaves three open

Fernandinho/Sterling night squeeze in and a right back from somewhere else.

Danny Simpson started lots of media attention last season about PFA POTY when he tweeted his voting slip at the end of March.

Assuming we go on to win the quadruple :) we will only have the league cup in the bag by the end of March and lots still to play for which would otherwise influence the vote:

League - likely very close but we might have 6 games to play inc games in hand
FA Cup - Semi finals still to play
Champions League - Quarter Finals don't start until middle of April, 2nd leg of Semi Final is after the League has finished.

Laporte POTY? Great as he is, not a chance.

Can’t see it being Salah, my money is on Van Dijk and based on PL performances he has been very good.

From our point of view would love Silva to win it but can’t see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.