This weekends other Prem Games 17th-18th August

thenabster said:
Capoue, what a beast. Lloris confirming his status as the best goaliee in the EPL and in my biased opinion the best in the world. Sigurdsson sucks man, why did AVB sell Dempsey to keep Sigurdsson.

I agree with Lloris being the best in the league but I think you have a dud in chadli

Fuck that shit, of all the players I was sure of starting Mourinho doesn't put Mata. Fuck my fantasy team.

Rammy Blue said:
No Mata or Luiz in Chelski starting line-up. Strange.
mata i agree with but no luiz doesn't surprise me. he doesn't strike me as a mou kind of player. mou likes disciplined players and luiz does some crazy things in games.

IH8MUFC said:
Rammy Blue said:
No Mata or Luiz in Chelski starting line-up. Strange.
mata i agree with but no luiz doesn't surprise me. he doesn't strike me as a mou kind of player. mou likes disciplined players and luiz does some crazy things in games.

Typical Jose though , gone straight back to starting Terry and Lampard - I'd have Luiz in the side ahead of either of them.

Stoned Rose said:
SebastianBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:
So you're saying you recall those 3 occasions and 7 others where they've linked up to create an 'in behind' situation?

But that doesn't count as them linking up well?

Surely you understand that just because that situation doesn't produce a goal doesn't mean the link up that created it wasn't good?

I do realise that. However, that sort of play is nothing special, otherwise you should be saying Palace has played very well, too, as they have done the same quite a few times.

I didn't say it was 'anything special', I said they linked up well. You clearly admit they managed to create that kind of situation 10 times. That clearly indicates they linked up well.

The difference between playing football and playing well while playing football is the end product from basic movement. Literally anyone can play those balls in behind (I do it all the time in my community league)--the key is that you make something out of them (something I need to improve in my own game, immediately). Watch a normal Premier League match and you'll see those slide-rule passes at least 10-15 times a game; the better sides convert 10-20% of those chances. The average sides convert less than that.

Utterly irrelevant to the point we are discussing. As I pointed out in my previous reply we aren't discussing 'end product' we are discussing linking up well.

-- Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:12 pm --

Stoned Rose said:
Moxey and Jedanik (spelling?) men of the match for me.

Battlers.

They certainly have moxie.

I'll get my coat.

I am not sure why we are all of a sudden debating their linking up well as I had originally replied to your assertion that the Lennon / Walker combination was working well (implicitly implying Spurs as a whole were benefiting from their work). I had indicated it was not as any assessment has to revolve around end product, otherwise the exercise is pointless (it would be like saying "I know they lost 14-0 but Lennon and Walker really passed the ball to each other well").

If you want to make this about link-up play, than ok, Palace had good link up play as well, so I agree, in that context, Palace are just as good as Spurs, Barça, and Bayern.

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 4m
Etienne Capoue's 33-minute second half cameo for Spurs featured 6 interceptions, the exact same amount as the entire Crystal Palace team.

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 48s
Capoue's tally of 6 interceptions was more than West Brom (5), West Ham (5) & Sunderland (4) all managed across 90 minutes. Bargain buy.

Impressive! And they still have Sandro to return... they have great midfield options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.