This weekends other Prem Games 7th & 8th December

Blumers Bloomers said:
Stoned Rose said:
We'll beat Arsenal and so will Chelsea.

Totally different table after the next 2 games imo.

Here is hoping. Bring all the Tarquins down a peg or two

Just back from the Emirates and a bit disappointed having gone 1-0 up we couldn't hold on, but then again it would have been unfair on a very good Everton had they come out out with anything less than a point.

I'm not sure why you think we Arsenal fans are as a group certain of title success , nothing could be further from the truth. Certainly not as far as the fans I mix with, which face it are those who turn up each game and go away too.

I hope we will be good enough to win the title but recognise that that may still be a stretch for us. However, I can at least enjoy the fact that after 15 matches, we are 5 points clear.

As for next Saturday, please refer to my previous posts on the subject. We have yet to qualify for the CL and expecting us to go to the Etihad only 48 hours or so after getting back from a tough game at Napoli is an ask too far. You should win in a canter.

We don't have the squad to rotate in key positions, so we are no way favourites for the title. You guys are, rightly so.

Anyway, I have my ticket for the Etihad and staying in Knutsford the night before. I can recommend Man Zen if you like Chinese.

Having said all that, I do have a sneaking feeling we will beat Chelsea at the Emirates on the 23rd. I hope so. Those cunts are only marginally less obnoxious than Spurs and Man Yoo.

PS Tarquins?..........perleese...can't you think of something better? ;^)

Piegilles said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
Stoned Rose said:
We'll beat Arsenal and so will Chelsea.

Totally different table after the next 2 games imo.

Just back from the Emirates and a bit disappointed having gone 1-0 up we couldn't hold on, but then again it would have been unfair on a very good Everton had they come out out with anything less than a point.

I'm not sure why you think we Arsenal fans are as a group certain of title success , nothing could be further from the truth. Certainly not as far as the fans I mix with, which face it are those who turn up each game and go away too.

I hope we will be good enough to win the title but recognise that that may still be a stretch for us. However, I can at least enjoy the fact that after 15 matches, we are 5 points clear.

As for next Saturday, please refer to my previous posts on the subject. We have yet to qualify for the CL and expecting us to go to the Etihad only 48 hours or so after getting back from a tough game at Napoli is an ask too far. You should win in a canter.

We don't have the squad to rotate in key positions, so we are no way favourites for the title. You guys are, rightly so.

Anyway, I have my ticket for the Etihad and staying in Knutsford the night before. I can recommend Man Zen if you like Chinese.

Having said all that, I do have a sneaking feeling we will beat Chelsea at the Emirates on the 23rd. I hope so. Those cunts are only marginally less obnoxious than Spurs and Man Yoo.

Have a read of Gooner2 posts.

Well i won,t be but if we do we still be top but six points from next two and we virtually won the league really.

stony said:
Piegilles said:
Blumers Bloomers said:

Well i won,t be but if we do we still be top but six points from next two and we virtually won the league really.
To be fair, most other Arsenal fans have called him an embarrassment, so he's hardly the standard bearer.

stony said:
Piegilles said:
Blumers Bloomers said:

Having said all that, I do have a sneaking feeling we will beat Chelsea at the Emirates on the 23rd. I hope so. Those ***** are only marginally less obnoxious than Spurs and Man Yoo.

I'm not going to criticise a fellow Gooner, though I'm new here and don't know his reputation nor the quality or otherwise of his posts. From the little I've seen I do think he has a confidence which a gnarled old bastard like myself having seen more disappointment, relatively speaking, than success means I temper my comments with a recognition that words are cheap and achievements rare.

We have won nothing in 8 years. I have no problem with that, I'm patient and understand the financial realities of life meaning the new stadium was always going to hold us back. We can't compete financially with you or Chelsea so any achievement will be difficult when faced with such power. But I still hope. We play good football and what the hell, maybe it could be our year.

If all goes tits up, I will still go to each game and almost every away game. Who else on here can claim that?

Piegilles said:
stony said:
Piegilles said:

Having said all that, I do have a sneaking feeling we will beat Chelsea at the Emirates on the 23rd. I hope so. Those ***** are only marginally less obnoxious than Spurs and Man Yoo.

I'm not going to criticise a fellow Gooner, though I'm new here and don't know his reputation nor the quality or otherwise of his posts. From the little I've seen I do think he has a confidence which a gnarled old bastard like myself having seen more disappointment, relatively speaking, than success means I temper my comments with a recognition that words are cheap and achievements rare.

We have won nothing in 8 years. I have no problem with that, I'm patient and understand the financial realities of life meaning the new stadium was always going to hold us back. We can't compete financially with you or Chelsea so any achievement will be difficult when faced with such power. But I still hope. We play good football and what the hell, maybe it could be our year.

If all goes tits up, I will still go to each game and almost every away game. Who else on here can claim that?

The majority of current ST holders mate including myself ! 8 years is nothing. Try 9 goals at home in one season and you'll see what suffering was!

You are a definite improvement on that clown gooner2 always like seeing what other fans outside the club think of us. I think if you are still top at Christmas then you deserve to win it.

Anyway enjoy man zen it is a nice place though a new italian has just opened as of yesterday!

drthingy said:
Piegilles said:
stony said:

The majority of current ST holders mate including myself ! 8 years is nothing. Try 9 goals at home in one season and you'll see what suffering was!

You are a definite improvement on that clown gooner2 always like seeing what other fans outside the club think of us. I think if you are still top at Christmas then you deserve to win it.

Anyway enjoy man zen it is a nice place though a new italian has just opened as of yesterday!

no, they deserve to win it if they're top after the last matchday.

drthingy said:
Piegilles said:
stony said:

Fair point. I've always had a lot of time for City fans. You have endured a lot over the years and no one can begrudge you some success having to put up with your local rivals in Salford.

I've been a ST holder since 1988 and before then paid through the gate. I supported Arsenal because I grew up in Highbury and my Dad was an Arse fan too which kind of reinforced things.

I cant stand those who support a team just because they are successful. What's wrong with your local team?

I'll stick with Man Zen tomorrow. I know the north west well and if I had to live up there, Knutsford would be my choice or failing that, at least south of the M56.

As for the title, if honest, I think we'll fall short over a season, but hoping otherwise.

Piegilles said:
drthingy said:
Piegilles said:

Fair point. I've always had a lot of time for City fans. You have endured a lot over the years and no one can begrudge you some success having to put up with your local rivals in Salford.

I've been a ST holder since 1988 and before then paid through the gate. I supported Arsenal because I grew up in Highbury and my Dad was an Arse fan too which kind of reinforced things.

I cant stand those who support a team just because they are successful. What's wrong with your local team?

I'll stick with Man Zen tomorrow. I know the north west well and if I had to live up there, Knutsford would be my choice or failing that, at least south of the M56.

As for the title, if honest, I think we'll fall short over a season, but hoping otherwise.

Think we will win the league and will get stronger and stronger over season but i respect your view

Respect city fans and they deserve credit for backing their club through thick and thin when they were in the championship.

I am from north london and i was taken to my first game in 1990 when we won 4-1 over sheffiedf united against a certain vinne jones. They were only 20 mintues train journey away and have not looked back since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.