Thogden

I find the reaction to this astonishing. How is it so mild? Does his Dad coming on and explaining he's a decent fella change anything? This lad, whoever he is has taken a ticket from the hand of the next person in line, someone who's been to Crystal Palace at 1230 on a New Year's day or arrived home at 2am from Newcastle in the middle of winter. He's literally used wealth to snatch a ticket from someone far more deserving and he's done it to make money. I don't give a fuck if he's good at it or it's a great video, every club has these types, they're worse than the dickheads recording themselves watching on the telly, at least those tossers aren't taking a ticket from someone who has done the hard yards.

Hello Lads & Lasses,

Massive amount of bitterness on here from some Blues - you lot should probably be happier when you get to watch the quality of Foden (watch him become one of the greatest players in the world), KDB & Bernando every week. But never mind.

Theo bought his ticket for this game online and travelled up from London at his own expense - he didn't have a sponsor for this match and got no special help from MCFC. Being brought up in Altrincham back in the day amongst Reds and a few hardy Blues, he's always been interested in City, despite being a lifelong Bolton Wanderers fan.

You will get non-City fans/tourists (delete as appropriate) attending City games, this is a fact of life. I went to Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers last week in London and several hundred fans in the away end were non-Bolton supporters enjoying an evening of fine football (insert witty pun here). This gave me a couple of broad options, namely (i) abuse them and make them feel unwelcome, like the horrid tourists they are, or (ii) welcome them to the 'Bolton family' for 90 minutes. I chose the latter - that's just my nature.

You've got the same choice to make. Is City a 'local club for local people' where visitors are treated with prickliness, threats of violence, bitterness and unpleasantness, and discouraged from attending future games? Or is City a friendly and welcoming club, where incomers are greeted with a smile, even if they are 'some blonde woman who didn't celebrate our goals enough and didn't seem to know what was going on'?

And does it really harm you if the football-mad 20 year-old kid in the next seat has a vlogging camera and is trying to make a short film for his YouTube channel, assuming he isn't loud and obnoxious and spoiling your enjoyment of course.

Thousands of Theo's 715,000 subscribers are City fans and they regularly plead with him to attend and vlog City games. These are primarily younger folk, many of whom don't have parents who can take them to games, some of whom live in far-off places like Indonesia, India and Kenya. They get the City experience, limbs and all, from videos like this.

That's my tuppence worth. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Thogdad
Occasional visitor to Maine Road in the 1970s

P.S.
Stan & Hilda Ogden > Curly Watts any day of the week
Don’t worry about it mate, it’s the traditional Bluemoon welcome - just ask Jason Manford.

I find the reaction to this astonishing. How is it so mild? Does his Dad coming on and explaining he's a decent fella change anything? This lad, whoever he is has taken a ticket from the hand of the next person in line, someone who's been to Crystal Palace at 1230 on a New Year's day or arrived home at 2am from Newcastle in the middle of winter. He's literally used wealth to snatch a ticket from someone far more deserving and he's done it to make money. I don't give a fuck if he's good at it or it's a great video, every club has these types, they're worse than the dickheads recording themselves watching on the telly, at least those tossers aren't taking a ticket from someone who has done the hard yards.
The problem isn’t the lad buying the ticket from a third party at an inflated price the issue is the ”city fan” who is deciding to sell on his ticket on dodgy websites meaning proper fans miss out. I don’t really see what he has done wrong tbh.

just look here I can get a ticket in the away end at old Trafford for our game next month for £400. The seller is the problem not people like Thogdan

Last edited:
Hello Lads & Lasses,

Massive amount of bitterness on here from some Blues - you lot should probably be happier when you get to watch the quality of Foden (watch him become one of the greatest players in the world), KDB & Bernando every week. But never mind.

Theo bought his ticket for this game online and travelled up from London at his own expense - he didn't have a sponsor for this match and got no special help from MCFC. Being brought up in Altrincham back in the day amongst Reds and a few hardy Blues, he's always been interested in City, despite being a lifelong Bolton Wanderers fan.

You will get non-City fans/tourists (delete as appropriate) attending City games, this is a fact of life. I went to Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers last week in London and several hundred fans in the away end were non-Bolton supporters enjoying an evening of fine football (insert witty pun here). This gave me a couple of broad options, namely (i) abuse them and make them feel unwelcome, like the horrid tourists they are, or (ii) welcome them to the 'Bolton family' for 90 minutes. I chose the latter - that's just my nature.

You've got the same choice to make. Is City a 'local club for local people' where visitors are treated with prickliness, threats of violence, bitterness and unpleasantness, and discouraged from attending future games? Or is City a friendly and welcoming club, where incomers are greeted with a smile, even if they are 'some blonde woman who didn't celebrate our goals enough and didn't seem to know what was going on'?

And does it really harm you if the football-mad 20 year-old kid in the next seat has a vlogging camera and is trying to make a short film for his YouTube channel, assuming he isn't loud and obnoxious and spoiling your enjoyment of course.

Thousands of Theo's 715,000 subscribers are City fans and they regularly plead with him to attend and vlog City games. These are primarily younger folk, many of whom don't have parents who can take them to games, some of whom live in far-off places like Indonesia, India and Kenya. They get the City experience, limbs and all, from videos like this.

That's my tuppence worth. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Thogdad
Occasional visitor to Maine Road in the 1970s

P.S.
Stan & Hilda Ogden > Curly Watts any day of the week
Thogdad you nearly bought Oldham? interesting video on that subject. Good man.

Who the fuck were the two herbets (Male and blond female) stood motionless in a sea of City fans going mad at the equaliser?

I'll tell you one thing neither of them were City fans.

Oh and can some pan lid please tell me what "Limbs and evryfing" means?

City sell tickets on sites that I call ticket tout sites but they’re probably just like tour operators really.

Over the years we’ve had United fans in our away end at Old Trafford, Liverpool and Hajduk Split fans in our away end at Anfield, Arsenal fans and random Belgians in our away end at Arsenal, Chelsea fans and random Americans who’d never seen football before in our away end at Chelsea, more random Americans in our away end at Wembley against Spurs, random Germans supporting Huddersfield in our away end at Huddersfield… and that’s only going off what I’ve experienced, I bet it happens at every single away game.

City are brilliant at some things but they’re a bunch of fucking piss takers at others, especially when it comes to this shit.

The problem isn’t the lad buying the ticket from a third party at an inflated price the issue is the ”city fan” who is deciding to sell on his ticket on dodgy websites meaning proper fans miss out. I don’t really see what he has done wrong tbh.

just look here I can get a ticket in the away end at old Trafford for our game next month for £400. The seller is the problem not people like Thogdan
Yes the sellers are the main problem. The ticket might originate from a Blue but there are also touts who renew season cards every year who make good money from the big games (home and away as they have the ticket points associated with the season card). Some of them will have no interest in City beyond making money.

Think i am going to set up my own youtube channel doing live movie reviews from the local cinema.....
Film parts of each film and talk the viewers throughout it as it happens.
As long as it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of those sat around me it shouldn't be an issue....

Getting massively criticised for using the fan collapsing yesterday as click bait
He's obviously a savvy fella making money off the "views". His morality is questionable mind using the example above to gain.

As you say it's click bait which will make his numbers go up, whilst people highlight him thus increasing his brand it will help his profile more.

Quite simply don't click and he won't get paid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.