Those working from home

urban genie

Are you actually doing any or just logging on to the works system and then refreshing every so often.

I will be honest I am doing stuff but after about and hr I lack any will and put the laptop to one side and do something elsen returning sporadically through the day.

Probably doing 50% of my normal shift hrs

I've worked from home for years but at present it's dead....

Just biding my time as I finish on Tuesday... Just my luck that I am being paid for my notice period (PILON) to stay at home and the whole office are doing exactly the same thing while pretending to work....

I am doing what I need to but after week two I’m finding it a bit difficult to get motivated.

But then I remember those losing their jobs and think to my self ‘get a move on you prat’.

Working from home is normally fine for me. I am productive and works well for what i do. However, through into the mix 2 young kids now and the wife working from home and its impossible to work effectively. Just glad i can work from home in this time though and luckily have an employer that is adapting well to the circumstances.

I work for a large public organisation, and I am currently 'working from home'. I'm having to share a work laptop (full access to work servers via secure VPN connection over WiFi) with a guy who lives 7 miles away. We swapped over yesterday, so he currently has the laptop for a week.

There is also web based access into certain areas that allow collaborative working, but unsurprisingly the organisation doesn't have the required bandwidth for large scale remote working, and the site keeps crashing. I am currently achieving the square root of f*ck all, and having to keep in touch with work via a WhatsApp group.

I’ve worked from home for over five years.
Although part of the job does entail going to Conferences and giving seminars as well as our regular get together days.

I hated the latter but enjoyed the seminars.
However we’ve been told no face to face contact unless absolutely necessary so suits me fine. Although the amount of work has completely dried up as I support key workers and I assume they’re a little busy at the moment.

It's gone the opposite for me and doing a lot more, as well as trying to balance three kids all fighting over our home pc to get their school work done.

I think it's the lack of physical meetings, which at work would create the natural break of going away from a laptop and speaking to people for a bit. Instead, everyone is emailing constantly or pinging messages so it's feeling non stop. The work day seems to have elongated out quite a bit too. I work for a pharmacy retailer and work wise it's very manic right now anyway though.

worked from home for 3 years now, my own choice to avoid the daily commute. Find I can get more done by grafting 5 or 6 hours than doing an 8.5 hour day in the office. Nothing has really changed except work is slower (I'm an electrical engineer working in construction, everything is on go-slow threading towards a stop)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.