Thoughts on Tevez

itisrising

In the midst of 'Cakegate', I thought it'd be interesting to see the general view on Tevez. Has the view on him changed after he came back and helped us win the league or is he still hated for the way he treated the club after Munich? And what will be his legacy at the club?

My favorite player of the money era, was he a dickhead in Munich? Yes but Mancini also has some blame to take over events, i felt he was a twat with Tevez from minute 1 that season, i felt he never forgave Tevez for transfer requests etc and now he had Aguero and Dzeko he was gonna make Tevez pay.It all worked out in the end, always love them both.

njmcfc1894 said:
My favorite player of the money era, was he a dickhead in Munich? Yes but Mancini also has some blame to take over events, i felt he was a twat with Tevez from minute 1 that season, i felt he never forgave Tevez for transfer requests etc and now he had Aguero and Dzeko he was gonna make Tevez pay.It all worked out in the end, always love them both.

Find it hard to disagree. Took a huge gamble coming to us and put in some massive performances in an otherwise poorly organized Hughes team. Although he eventually went off his rocker in Munich he had two absolutely blinding seasons in which he was arguably our best player in terms of contribution, commitment and ability. He also eventually came back and scored some very key goals to win the title (Norwich away, changed the Chelsea game when we needed to win). Also played his part last season, and couldn't fault commitment.

I maintain to this day he is as least as good as Aguero. That hat trick against Wolves was sublime and he scored a free kick against Stoke which is probably still bending. He also completely mugged off Fergie and Neville. He also doing pretty well for Juventus, so he hasn't lost it.

Had he gone, not come back and we'd lost the league to United I'm sure I'd hate him for leaving. But what happened, happened and thus my views are above.

I don't for a minute think Tevez is a malicious or vindictive person. If anything I think he's just not the brightest button who takes crap advice from some very self-interested people. He plays like a warrior, but he isn't the smartest, it's all instinct. Because he's hard to 'coach' I think that is why managers (like Argentina don't pick him.

I remember reading part of a book he wrote which explained he was suffering from depression before the munich incident and he was desperate to leave so he could go home and try and get his wife and kids back.I don't disbelieve him and it explains a lot.
I was glad he came back back and left with some good wishes,he played a big part in the journey that got us to where we are now.He was twat but he was our twat

Very difficult to ignore the crap re Munich and his walkout, but, remembering the vast majority of his performances; fantastic goals; penalties being smashed in; chasing back to win the ball on the rare occasions that he ever lost it; giving it large to Gary Neville and Fergie - what an absolutely fantstic player, and if he was here now with Pellegrini in charge, what an asset he would still be.
Remembering only his football, I feel honoured to have watched City long enough that I was able to see somebody as good as him gracing our hallowed ground. Absolutely top player.
I'd swap him back for Yaya!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.