UPDATE... Manchester City In London - OUT NOW!

BTH

I'll be putting the finishing touches to the latest issue over the next few days and it's going to be huge! Over 60 pages - our biggest issue ever!
The theme is Manchester City in London and also includes A Worthy Journey To Jeddah, my own trip to New York City, Vintage Violence, Flashes From The Archives, Focus On, the 1986 Full Members' Cup Final, together with all your favourite writers and an extensive interview with former City and Scotland legend Asa Hartford.
Please note that this issue is £3.00 (THREE POUNDS) and will be available as usual via PayPal from noel_bayley@yahoo.co.uk early next week (please select the FRIENDS & FAMILY option) and provide your email address.

1711649007434.png

I see there is an evening with Manchester City "legends" at the Opera House including Nicky Weaver and Paul Dickov. Probably an unpopular opinion but these players are not, and never will be, legends to me. Now Asa Hartford is a legend, truly magnificent footballer who played in the centre of a great side in the mid late to late 70's. Many others in that side to Joe Corrigan, Willie Donachie, Mike Doyle, Dave Watson, Dennis Tueart and Peter Barnes to name a few are "legends" but do not appear to get the recognition these other players get. Many of that 1999 squad get branded "legends" yet many of them also belonged to the side that got us relegated to our lowest ever league position. How they get "legend" status is beyond me.

It's a purely personal thing, as you say. Giving your all and sweating blood is a pre requisite for legend status but only winners seem to get statues (see Tottenham stadium).

Asa was a lovely bloke, a wand of a left foot, hard as nails and wanted to play for this club. I couldn't put a label on him - he was Asa. I'd be interested to read the interview. Shame I don't use paypal!

Thanks to everyone who bought a copy of the latest issue. 66 pages including an interview with Asa Hartford plus A Worthy Journey, Vintage Violence, Flashes From The Archives, The Full Members' Cup 1986, Manchester City in London and all your favourite writers.

Just £3.00 via PayPal at noel_bayley@yahoo.co.uk (please select the FRIENDS & FAMILY option and don't forget to include your email address).

1712927821122.png

Thanks to everyone who bought a copy of the latest issue. 66 pages including an interview with Asa Hartford plus A Worthy Journey, Vintage Violence, Flashes From The Archives, The Full Members' Cup 1986, Manchester City in London and all your favourite writers.

Just £3.00 via PayPal at noel_bayley@yahoo.co.uk (please select the FRIENDS & FAMILY option and don't forget to include your email address).

View attachment 113835
Hi Noel nice one, just sent on PayPal.

Reactions: BTH
I see there is an evening with Manchester City "legends" at the Opera House including Nicky Weaver and Paul Dickov. Probably an unpopular opinion but these players are not, and never will be, legends to me. Now Asa Hartford is a legend, truly magnificent footballer who played in the centre of a great side in the mid late to late 70's. Many others in that side to Joe Corrigan, Willie Donachie, Mike Doyle, Dave Watson, Dennis Tueart and Peter Barnes to name a few are "legends" but do not appear to get the recognition these other players get. Many of that 1999 squad get branded "legends" yet many of them also belonged to the side that got us relegated to our lowest ever league position. How they get "legend" status is beyond me.
Screenshot_20240412_184332_Samsung Internet.jpg

I believe they qualify on points 1 and 3.

And why not give them that status? You want less legends at the club?

I believe they embodied the spirit of the club and fans in our darkest hours. It's easier to be a legend when all's rosy. It's when the pressure is choking that you see who takes a deep breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.