Thrown out for smoking- Help!

Phill said:
OOHBEBLUE said:
I agree... I said so at the start of the thread. I just wanted to know what would happen to my season ticket. - I was just saying that the Aris fans were smoking in the stands Thursday night and nobody said a word.

Usual thing....... the stewards are not going to go into a section of away fans to nick someone for smoking..... and telling an Aris fan that he will be banned for the next 3 games as a result wont have any effect. Catching a home fan (presume you were in the bogs??) is easier - as is the punishment.

Also, those saying City should open the gates such as at Derby etc have to realise (if they dont already) that the whole of Sport City is a no smoking zone so you would have to leave the stadium and walk onto the Ashton Road to light up.

In theory you are quite correct, however as our kind owners are pumping in milions of pounds to regenerate East manchester, if they went to the council and asked for an exemption (as it is a council byelaw not the government legislation that means it is all no smoking), to allow people to spend more money at the club, do you think the council would risk pissing them off?
The smoking ban on its own wont stop too many people going to games, but it will mean that smokers and there friends will arrive at the ground at the last minute possible and leave as soon as possible after the game, rather than hang around, get a pie and or a pint while the traffic dies down etc and the local pubs etc will get the trade instead of MCFC.

OOHBEBLUE said:
law74 said:
What part of the ground were you caught smoking in?
This pisses me off because the spirals are NOT enclosed enough to fall under the law, but because of council byelaws it forces the club to act on them from time to time, then there is no reason why a designated smoking enclosure could not be situated for each stand similar to the way Derby have for away fans, meaning a happier support and people willing to get to the ground earlier and spending more money in the ground rather in dumps like Mary D's
I was in the spirals and I've never been stopped before. The Aris fans were smoking in the stand the other night though?! In fact there were 3 lads smoking in front of me in the stand on Thursday night with stewards 2 feet away from them!

I can shed some light on this being a steward myself .., at the team brifing they will inform us if there is a smoking operation that day and the I,O,S team then eject smokers from the ground , this is decided on the category of the said game. Today fulham brought 350ish fans making it a cat A game meaning very low risk therefore more man power to police the ground on say less serious issue ie smoking . On thursday Aris were in town and was a cat C+
due to them having a reputation for being fire bugs (paper bombs, flares , smoke grenades etc) . So if your gonna smoke which i dont think you should (not good for you or you pocket ;) ) your less likely to be caught if its a big game or games/teams that are trouble !!

it's smoking! (on the spirals)

anyone see what went on on the spiral at half time? think it was a smoking issue. About 5 stewards started on a couple of lads. Was North stand area.

5e92f_dog_apology.jpg

fletcher2.jpg

Tell em if they're going to kick you out and ban you then ban everyone else who smokes in the ground.

I'm not a smoker.

You know what I'd do. I'd apply for an access card in a fake name and address (preferably a family member who doesn't mind you using their address). I'd then get a season ticket as normal. If I got caught I'd just give them my access card and leave for the rest of the game, come back the next game with my seasoncard and apply for a new access card, simple ;)

But I'm not a smoker and despite my wonderful plan I think it's disgusting that us non smokers have to inhale toxic fumes because I need a piss and some people are too inconsiderate to not smoke for 45 minutes.

TheBlueNowhere said:
You know what I'd do. I'd apply for an access card in a fake name and address (preferably a family member who doesn't mind you using their address). I'd then get a season ticket as normal. If I got caught I'd just give them my access card and leave for the rest of the game, come back the next game with my seasoncard and apply for a new access card, simple ;)

But I'm not a smoker and despite my wonderful plan I think it's disgusting that us non smokers have to inhale toxic fumes because I need a piss and some people are too inconsiderate to not smoke for 45 minutes.
grow some

typicalcity68 said:
TheBlueNowhere said:

grow some

I'm an athlete and make a concious effort to eat healthily. I drink once a month at most and have never even tried a cigarette. Why the fuck should I have to inhale any smoke because somebodies to inconsiderate to consider others. If they want to give themselves cancer then fuck them, they're asking for it. But why should I suffer any ill effects because somebody else is a selfish, brainless moron who has no willpower to give up.

TheBlueNowhere said:
typicalcity68 said:
grow some

I'm an athlete and make a concious effort to eat healthily. I drink once a month at most and have never even tried a cigarette. Why the fuck should I have to inhale any smoke because somebodies to inconsiderate to consider others. If they want to give themselves cancer then fuck them, they're asking for it. But why should I suffer any ill effects because somebody else is a selfish, brainless moron who has no willpower to give up.

lmfao the real worlds this way >>> We are in Manchester not LA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.