Ticket Collection at Premier League away games

They have been doing it for away games all season but only to a small percentage, they have a slightly different system to us but have the nightmare that every match is three times oversubscribed.
Hopefully it's not a route we go down, my mate was telling me 6 of them went to Hull and three of them had to collect whilst there.

I'd be in favour of us randomly selecting a small number (say 100 out of 3000) who need to collect at domestic away games as it would be a deterrent to the points' whores.

I'd be in favour of us randomly selecting a small number (say 100 out of 3000) who need to collect at domestic away games as it would be a deterrent to the points' whores.
Its not about point' whores, but i guess it is now
Lol and we knock the rags as a club yet they actually directly engage with their fans... Something we don't do.

Respect to United (and the other big clubs) for this.

united don't do anything for the good of their own fans. sounds like a back door policy of selling more corporate.

If they have trouble with their away support,then deal with them. If people are selling their tickets that they have won in a lottery,then introduce a points system.

Engage with which fans? A small minority,who thought they would benefit, would be my guess.

They have took City's stupid idea and refined it, credit for actually adapting it slightly, but that's about all they deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
would people advocate this for tomorrows game, where there are 100's of unsold tickets?

where are all those people desperate to see city away?

Its not about point' whores, but i guess it is now

united don't do anything for the good of their own fans. sounds like a back door policy of selling more corporate.

If they have trouble with their away support,then deal with them. If people are selling their tickets that they have won in a lottery,then introduce a points system.

Engage with which fans? A small minority,who thought they would benefit, would be my guess.

They have took City's stupid idea and refined it, credit for actually adapting it slightly, but that's about all they deserve.
What an utterly stupid post.

Whatever United do with corporates, they ballot their fans for away tickets and try to ensure that the person who gets the ticket is the one who uses it. I really can't see how anyone but a complete moron could possibly object to that. How the fuck does a points system change anything other than meaning people with the highest points have the chance to sell their tickets? In fact there's more motivation for them to do that as it keeps their points total high. And they haven't taken City's idea; we've taken it from them as they've been doing random ticket checks for a while for domestic aways. That's probably because the guy who introduced it for them now works for us.

The point is that they are dealing with the problem, which we don't do (apart from CL away games). And they have a fans forum that talks to fans on a regular basis about all sorts of things, including ticketing. The fans are consulted and they agreed to this. That's another thing we don't do.

Its not about point' whores, but i guess it is now.

[I had points whores in mind when I created the original post.]

If the club were to randomly select 5% of an away allocation to collect their tickets at the ground, people would be much less likely to buy tickets when they have no intention of going themselves.

I wouldn't be in favour of a system where everyone had to collect their tickets at the away venue.

But the 5% option improves the current situation in that it would allow people on lower points to get to more away games.

Whatever United do with corporates, they ballot their fans for away tickets and try to ensure that the person who gets the ticket is the one who uses it. I really can't see how anyone but a complete moron could possibly object to that. How the fuck does a points system change anything other than meaning people with the highest points have the chance to sell their tickets? In fact there's more motivation for them to do that as it keeps their points total high. And they haven't taken City's idea; we've taken it from them as they've been doing random ticket checks for a while for domestic aways. That's probably because the guy who introduced it for them now works for us.

The point is that they are dealing with the problem, which we don't do (apart from CL away games). And they have a fans forum that talks to fans on a regular basis about all sorts of things, including ticketing. The fans are consulted and they agreed to this. That's another thing we don't do.
The ballot is not a fair option by any means.
It's ok for the single traveller, but what about families that go together? That's what's driven the huge market in selling on away tickets for United, and why so much money is being raked in by the 'lucky winners'. All united are trying to do is get their finger in the pie too.

They are only dealing with a problem they have introduced and incentivised.

The ballot is not a fair option by any means.
It's ok for the single traveller, but what about families that go together? That's what's driven the huge market in selling on away tickets for United, and why so much money is being raked in by the 'lucky winners'. All united are trying to do is get their finger in the pie too.

They are only dealing with a problem they have introduced and incentivised.
Where demand exceeds supply there is no such thing as a "fair" system as someone is going to be disappointed. In pure economic terms, you would increase price until demand fell off to a level where it could be fully satisfied but with a cap on ticket prices that's not possible. So there has to be some other way of allocating tickets. But I wasn't saying the ballot was any fairer than the points system. What I was trying to say is that it's fair that the club check that the purchaser of the ticket is the person actually using it. I can't see how anyone could argue that point.

Where demand exceeds supply there is no such thing as a "fair" system as someone is going to be disappointed. In pure economic terms, you would increase price until demand fell off to a level where it could be fully satisfied but with a cap on ticket prices that's not possible. So there has to be some other way of allocating tickets. But I wasn't saying the ballot was any fairer than the points system. What I was trying to say is that it's fair that the club check that the purchaser of the ticket is the person actually using it. I can't see how anyone could argue that point.
I would only argue with that point if it was for every ticket and for every game, seems pretty stupid to do it at the games we don't sell out, which become more frequent as the season goes on, or if it's a cold mid week night.

City issue points and try to ensure that the person who gets the ticket is the one who uses it, i really can't see how anyone but a complete moron could possibly object to that.How the fuck does a ballot system change anything other than meaning people winning have the chance to sell their tickets? in fact there's more motivation for them to do that as it keeps their wallets fat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.