Ticket Collection at Premier League away games

would people advocate this for tomorrows game, where there are 100's of unsold tickets?

where are all those people desperate to see city away?

I think there was a surge in demand for the £30 away tickets until just before the Leicester game. Now the arse seems to have fallen out of the surplus demand. Exceptions will include Bournemouth and Monaco where we receive tiny allocations.

City issue points and try to ensure that the person who gets the ticket is the one who uses it, i really can't see how anyone but a complete moron could possibly object to that.How the fuck does a ballot system change anything other than meaning people winning have the chance to sell their tickets? in fact there's more motivation for them to do that as it keeps their wallets fat.
You've missed the point completely. However the club distributes tickets, whether via a ballot or points, it's only fair that the person buying the ticket uses it. Do you agree?

How do City ensure that the person buying the ticket uses it? The only time they do that is European aways and they've stopped that pending a new system.

Let's say city introduce the system on a trail like utd and 5% have to go to a designated place. How does that work for organised groups to travel like the official coaches.

All 48 have to go so the 5% are not stranded or will designated place be really close to the ground.

Who checks tickets are used by correct holders once the ticket collected. We have all been Leicester. A really good ground to have over 3000 queueing up to get in....

I see trouble at Leicester with this system.

Me personally I don't give a rats who uses or buys a ticket because I used to buying from wherever whenever. Perhaps we need to pander to the masses even more now.

You've missed the point completely. However the club distributes tickets, whether via a ballot or points, it's only fair that the person buying the ticket uses it. Do you agree?

How do City ensure that the person buying the ticket uses it? The only time they do that is European aways and they've stopped that pending a new system.
I didn't miss the point.
I was half replying to your argument and half to your patronising manner.

No, i don't agree.

What an utterly stupid post.

Whatever United do with corporates, they ballot their fans for away tickets and try to ensure that the person who gets the ticket is the one who uses it. I really can't see how anyone but a complete moron could possibly object to that. How the fuck does a points system change anything other than meaning people with the highest points have the chance to sell their tickets? In fact there's more motivation for them to do that as it keeps their points total high. And they haven't taken City's idea; we've taken it from them as they've been doing random ticket checks for a while for domestic aways. That's probably because the guy who introduced it for them now works for us.

The point is that they are dealing with the problem, which we don't do (apart from CL away games). And they have a fans forum that talks to fans on a regular basis about all sorts of things, including ticketing. The fans are consulted and they agreed to this. That's another thing we don't do.

Don't think I'm a Complete moron and I object to that. A ballot is a ridiculous system - scrapping a system where people have spent years building up loyalty points for one that is pot luck. Everybody has a reasonable idea whether they are likely to get a ticket for a particular game under the loyalty points system and can plan ahead accordingly by booking trains etc before they get too expensive. I know I'm alright for most games but I'm not about to book travel to Bournemouth or Monaco when I know I haven't got enough points to qualify for a match ticket. The extra corporate/tourist fans do make it a little harder to predict certain games like Arsenal or Chelsea but the fault for that lies with City for giving tickets to agencies, not with fellow blues for having more loyalty points than you. How are you supposed to sort out a trip when you have no idea of you or the people you want to go with will get a ticket or not? And I don't know what makes you think that united fans agreed to the system - the reds I know (the ones that actually go to games that is) can't stand the system.
I also object to having to get to a ground, or worse, a random collection point in another part of a city, hours before the game itself to collect a ticket I've already paid for. Football supporters are treated with suspicion and presumption of guilt enough without having to face the same from their own club.

Thatchers ID cards were fought against in the 1980's, it would be a shame to need photo ID to get into a game, and the closer the game the bigger the problems.

Having 5% checked deters no one buying to pass on, it just means you might be checked once a season, and you ensure you go to that game or return the ticket due to (insert excuse).

Having all fans checked will be worse than Celtic away and impossible for people to get in night games without a day off work etc.

If the club want to trial it for league games then maybe do it for the home games if the club is morally against passing on. Of course they won't as they want to sell as many home tickets as possible whilst decreasing demand for away tickets so more go on the official packages or buy Joe Hart season tickets or other corporate stuff including the new tunnel mob.

The club wouldn't earn any loyalty points as it only works one way with them.

utds problem stems from their fans being complete dicks, so they have to come up with some way of controlling which of the scum get to away games. the reduced allocations they suffer is as a direct result of their "fans" behavior and they are trying to address this by using the collection process. dont believe for a minute that they are doing this as a favour , if they can get higher allocations they make more money pure and simple.
As far as we are concerned, I think our loyalty point system is fair, the system was put in place years ago, and people have spent time money and effort to gain the points , everyone is aware of the system and how it works , and i find the people bemoaning it the most are the ones who havent earned the neccesary points.
The collection thing if organised in a decent way could work, but I dont think they have yet come up with a decent plan for that. In europe it is more doable, but for games in england I cant see it working, especially if they expect thousands of us to do it, it would cause far more issues than it would solve.

If the Rags want to do that then let them. What's this new craze of copying what the Rags do? Or does somebody who once worked there, now work for City in a senior position at the Etihad?

Oh what more fun it will be treapsing around 19 English towns and cities trying to find 19 different venues to claim your away ticket. Forget that for a f***ing lark. Why don't City just ask 3000 fans to stay over the night before an away match, so everyone can pick up their ticket in advance and without facing any additional problems getting to an away game.

While we're all doing that, some c*** with loads of money is buying an away ticket off a ticket site and getting it sent to him or her in the post. That will continue regardless of any new away ticket procedures. We all know how those tickets end up on those ticket sites, don't we.

Regardless of the pros and cons, it's once again another piece of made up Rag away ticket legislation that could be forced on City fans. More iconvenience heaped on already hard pressed and disenchanted fans.

But if that's what some of you want, then sign up, set off a bit earlier, try and find the venue, and join the queue, 19 times.

Can anyone offer an away ticket pickup venue for the next away Derby? Perhaps the Bishops Blaize, or the Gorse Hill? Salford Quays should be OK. I'm sure the MIB's wouldn't mind. I'm not sure GMP would be too happy about it though.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.