Ticket Collection at Premier League away games

I have to say - although I hate saying it really - that there are some really sensible posts on the ScumCafe thread on this topic.

It seems that there has been so much passing on of tickets to mates - or indeed touts - to the detriment of SC holders that the move is really welcomed and that the scum seemed to have done a good job of implementing it. There were comments that people actually made the journey to Leicester to get their ticket as it was still worth it for the amount they could then sell it on for!!

It is very important that the high loyalty points blues are not seriously inconvenienced but it is also totally unfair that loyal blues miss out on key away games whilst other fans with nothing like the number of points - even zero points - have no problem getting a ticket.

I met 4 fans on the train on the way to the Palace game - really great guys and I enjoyed talking with them big time. But there is something badly wrong when they are able to comment that they do not go to many home games as they live just a few stops down the Tube line and that they really just select a handful of games each year - which they were clear included the opening and final games at the Etihad and home and away against the scum!! Each year they have never had a problem getting tickets from Manchester based mates and family - they had not missed such a game for years!!!!

Now there will be many blues on quite high points that have not been able to get a ticket for the swamp - something needs to be done.

Yes there is a problem with away tickets, 4 years ago I was able to get tickets on first day with just over 9000 points having now having 4 season tickets for my grandsons I can't afford to do as many aways as I use too I have absolutely no problem with people with more points then me but when you hear of fans at games with no points them that really pisses me off it looks like I will not be getting any tickets for Huddersfield with over 10000 points.

Yes there is a problem with away tickets, 4 years ago I was able to get tickets on first day with just over 9000 points having now having 4 season tickets for my grandsons I can't afford to do as many aways as I use too I have absolutely no problem with people with more points then me but when you hear of fans at games with no points them that really pisses me off it looks like I will not be getting any tickets for Huddersfield with over 10000 points.

They're still City fans. I have taken my uncle to a few away games, he has no points whatsoever but went everywhere in the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Just as a matter of interest, how many away games have you done this season?

I've averaged between five and ten for the last 15 years. Work shifts so am restricted to the ones when I'm not working. What's your point?

I've averaged between five and ten for the last 15 years. Work shifts so am restricted to the ones when I'm not working. What's your point?
I think the lad is saying that this would inconvenience a lot of regular away dayers. he would be correct.

the ONLY people to want and benefit from this are those on low points. most likely the same group who want to change the loyalty system altogether.

It went like clockwork at the United game. It's ran like clockwork at every away England game I've been to (and that's over 50).
I think it is slightly excessive to do it for domestic away games but two or three hundred randomly picked at every game wouldn't be too much of an issue. If you are regular you might have three or four checks per season.
I can't go to the Huddersfield game as I'm working but I can get a ticket and sell it on to someone and there are plenty that do. IMO, that's wrong, even if it is for a mate, and I've never done it. But until we stop the people that do, we will always have this issue with loyalty points being an unfair system.

It went like clockwork at the United game. It's ran like clockwork at every away England game I've been to (and that's over 50).
I think it is slightly excessive to do it for domestic away games but two or three hundred randomly picked at every game wouldn't be too much of an issue. If you are regular you might have three or four checks per season.
I can't go to the Huddersfield game as I'm working but I can get a ticket and sell it on to someone and there are plenty that do. IMO, that's wrong, even if it is for a mate, and I've never done it. But until we stop the people that do, we will always have this issue with loyalty points being an unfair system.
You'll never stop.it. don't forget the guy who has the points has earned them over many years. Not just since we've been good. He probably doesn't even need the points either way.

With hardly any tickets getting to anyone on loyalty points this is not an issue. Those that make it an issue are opening the door to even less tickets going to people on loyalty points.

Those who aspire to be like united should be banned, they have hated their ticket allocation systems for decades and begrudgingly decided City's was the best around about 10 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.