Tiger Woods in car accident

If the ops don't go well he could retrain to become a wheelchair-bound detective. He could become the number two Ironside...

After this drive, the only fairway to describe how he must be feElin’ this morning is green. I just hope he hadn’t been smoking any grass, or doing a bunk(er) from some lady friend (or, God Fore! bid, some ‘hook’er) after spending all night in the clubs, because if the press get even a slice of such a salacious story, it’ll cost him a wedge to keep the bird(ie) quiet. Then again, he was quite Open about his failings in the past, so he is Master(s) of his own fate yet again.

I’m not going to putt the Cart before the horse and chip in that there are any ‘legs’ to the rumors. I’d rather stick to the facts and ‘roll’ with the story being given by police to the tee than take a swing at piecing it together myself. Sadly, the Genesis of the story is that his ‘approach’ to driving that morning was simply out of bounds with the normal etiquette of playing inside the lines, and the current spin on the story leaves his reputation coming up short, yet again.

I’m sure his PR people will show some balls, iron out a good lie, and get the albatross off his back. It’s on the cards that he will rise like an Eagle... which will be just like the Old Course of events yet again.

Before it’s over, I’m sure we will all get a round to deciding what happened fore ourselves, with his reputation going ‘up and down’ in our own minds.

If I putt myself in his shoes, I’d just be glad to get out of the rough spot I’d put myself in and call it evens, even if I never felt completely up to par again. And, with all the money I had, it’s in the bag that I’d have my own driver as the normal course of events down range.

So my mother lives less than a mile from this accident, in the town I was born in (we moved to SF from LA when I was little; she moved back there after my dad passed away). I've been on this road hundreds of times.

Palos Verdes (PV as it is known) is like a small mountain -- you come up from the LA basin, then go over the top down to the ocean. Tiger was headed downhill away from Palos Verdes, towards LA. Where his accident is the road is pretty straight, but quite steep. It's easy to be overspeed and if a car stops in front of you, it's hard to stop.

This is far from Riviera, where he was Sunday for the tournament (Pacific Palisades, an hour minimum no traffic; more likely 90 mins with). Why did he spend the night in PV? There's a very nice resort called Terranea there. Maybe he was there. Not sure where his mother lives these days -- PV has some very, very ritzy parts and its not too far from Cypress where Tiger grew up, so maybe he was with her.

He might have been speeding because he was late for a flight, but obviously he flies private and there is no "late", but he was probably going to LAX or Long Beach because his plane almost assuredly cannot get into Torrance, the nearest private airport, due to the short runway -- although that's not the way I would go, so maybe he was on his way elsewhere with bags.

Lots of mystery here which we'll all revel in solving, but it's more important that he's okay, especially for his kids.
You were spot on about the Terranea Resort:

"A source familiar with the investigation told The Los Angeles Times that Woods was staying at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes and had left there early Tuesday to head to the Rolling Hills Country Club, about 20 minutes away, for filming."

You were spot on about the Terranea Resort:

"A source familiar with the investigation told The Los Angeles Times that Woods was staying at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes and had left there early Tuesday to head to the Rolling Hills Country Club, about 20 minutes away, for filming."
There it is. Makes sense. RHCC is a nice little track -- played there once during a business round of golf many moons ago.

So my mother lives less than a mile from this accident, in the town I was born in (we moved to SF from LA when I was little; she moved back there after my dad passed away). I've been on this road hundreds of times.

Palos Verdes (PV as it is known) is like a small mountain -- you come up from the LA basin, then go over the top down to the ocean. Tiger was headed downhill away from Palos Verdes, towards LA. Where his accident is the road is pretty straight, but quite steep. It's easy to be overspeed and if a car stops in front of you, it's hard to stop.

This is far from Riviera, where he was Sunday for the tournament (Pacific Palisades, an hour minimum no traffic; more likely 90 mins with). Why did he spend the night in PV? There's a very nice resort called Terranea there. Maybe he was there. Not sure where his mother lives these days -- PV has some very, very ritzy parts and its not too far from Cypress where Tiger grew up, so maybe he was with her.

He might have been speeding because he was late for a flight, but obviously he flies private and there is no "late", but he was probably going to LAX or Long Beach because his plane almost assuredly cannot get into Torrance, the nearest private airport, due to the short runway -- although that's not the way I would go, so maybe he was on his way elsewhere with bags.

Lots of mystery here which we'll all revel in solving, but it's more important that he's okay, especially for his kids.
I read that in the style of Columbo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.