Tight arsed people you know (Or could be yourself)

I'm tight in some ways I admit.....Now were retired me and the wife go for regular walks near the beach. We like a coffee at some point but we refuse to pay almost $10 for 2 coffee's so we find a 7/11 and buy two $1 coffee's and find a nice bench near the beach. Over the last 2 years of covid I reckon we've saved around $4000.

Walk 5 days a week so $10 a day coffee would be $50 a week = $2500 a year X 2 years = $5000
Minus 5 days @ $2 a day = $10 a week = $500 a year X 2 = $1000

Total saved = $4000.

Ker-ching !!
Make your own coffee. Put it in a flask. Save the $1000

I'm similar to you in many ways. On match days I walk from the tram to the pub, the trick is to make sure you are last in the door. If for any reason that doesn't happen you just yell out, 'just going for a slash, get 'em in Biggy'
Then you make sure you drink slightly slower than the rest so that one of the others gets the next round in.
Finally make sure you are always with at least 4 others because then you simply say 'shit is that the time, best get going, don't want to mix kick off'

Kerchief, kerching kerfuckingching.
One of my best mates (who's name I won't mention here to save his blushes) used to regularly employ the classic line when his turn came round, "I only have a £20 note and don't want to break into it"!

Don’t mind those who are sensible with their money and try and look at ways of cutting costs. Fair play to them. It’s the tight cunts who try and avoid buying a round but are happy to accept a drink that do my head in, every group has one and after nearly 30 years in the industry you spot them a mile away.
I sometimes wish I could be a bit more sensible with my cash but I’m a dickhead who pays for most of the meals when out and in a restaurant and will put whoever’s with me drinks on my tab.
Stopped going overboard with clothes these days after spending ridiculous amounts on shite but then I’ve a 15 year old who’s happily taken up the mantle!! Haha!
I suppose it’s just the nature of the individual, each to their own and all that but I’m fairly happy with who I am.

Used to work with a lad who used to tag along when we went to the pub and he would either slope off before it got to his round or if he actually bought a round he would stay to get all the drinks from the second round and then go before it was his turn to buy his second round.

He also used to tag along at lunch time and then say "I've left my wallet in the office can someone lend me some money to buy my lunch".

Everyone just told him to do on after we sussed him out after the first few weeks.

One time he tried to leave after being in a round with 8 people and he got told he was going nowhere until he bought his round. We went from a cheap pub to an expensive one up the road and all ordered really expensive beer to teach him a lesson. He was nearly in tears when he got the bill.

Used to work with a lad who used to tag along when we went to the pub and he would either slope off before it got to his round or if he actually bought a round he would stay to get all the drinks from the second round and then go before it was his turn to buy his second round.

He also used to tag along at lunch time and then say "I've left my wallet in the office can someone lend me some money to buy my lunch".

Everyone just told him to do on after we sussed him out after the first few weeks.

One time he tried to leave after being in a round with 8 people and he got told he was going nowhere until he bought his round. We went from a cheap pub to an expensive one up the road and all ordered really expensive beer to teach him a lesson. He was nearly in tears when he got the bill.
It’s weird how we are wired up isn’t it. I’ve got kids who owe me pretty large amounts of cash but I get more pissed off with some **** trying to blag their way out of a £30 round! Haha!

I'm tight in some ways I admit.....Now were retired me and the wife go for regular walks near the beach. We like a coffee at some point but we refuse to pay almost $10 for 2 coffee's so we find a 7/11 and buy two $1 coffee's and find a nice bench near the beach. Over the last 2 years of covid I reckon we've saved around $4000.

Walk 5 days a week so $10 a day coffee would be $50 a week = $2500 a year X 2 years = $5000
Minus 5 days @ $2 a day = $10 a week = $500 a year X 2 = $1000

Total saved = $4000.

Ker-ching !!
Just imagine how much you could save when they invent flasks? ;O)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.